jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so that prize isn't actually that awesome...I will probably only have about...140 GG (thanks to the Patron bonus)...but I wanted to do something special.

2011 was a landmark year for me. Big ups, (along with some big downs) AND the prolific expansion of my gaming library. I went from a "collection" of Pandemic and Last Night on Earth and browsing Amazon for whatever games they had on there, to almost 100 games and driving about 55 minutes to the best FLGS in my area (Games Keep in West Chester, PA - go check it out) and being on a first name basis with the owner there, Karl.

However, as many of you who were once new to this hobby can attest, there comes a time when a decision has to be made. A decision that means not driving to the FLGS, ooohhhhh, twice a month and coming home with something everytime. A decision that means actually paying attention to money being spent on games, and giving yourself an "allowance." A decision that means being responsible about your habit.

This site is a wonderful resource. I probably spend 40+ hours a week on this site, reading, exploring, learning, yearning. This site has opened up an entire new world to me. A world that I love. It would take a lot for me to give up this site.

BUT, as you can probably infer from my crazy purchase schedule, and complete lack of fiscal responsibility, I am a bit short in the willpower department.

Therefore, I am resolving to spend far less money on games and far less time on here. I would pursue only the former, however I believe if I want to stand a realistic chance of saving more money for my upcoming wedding, I need to spend less time on this fantastic site, learning about all the games that either exist and I "need," or don't yet exist and I "need."

This will also have other benefits, such as letting me get back to my other interests (BGG is really the only site I visit regularly anymore) and I hope it will help me find more worth and more replayability in the games I already own and spent so much time deciding to acquire.

SO. Enough blabbering. How do you snag the loot?

My fiance and I started a tradition this year. We played a game a day for the first 25 days of December. We kept "trophies" from our wins inside our engagement champagne flutes.

The game I am proposing is to have you all take a look at a (crappy) photo I snapped with my new iPad 2, and name 24 games we played (one game involved guessing a set list and did not reward a trophy).

Rules:
I will give all of my Geek Gold to the first person to post a reply to this thread which names all 24 games represented in the photo.
I will send a small game(s) (not sure what I'm sending yet) to the first person to name all of the games we played in the order that we played them -> if this post comes within a week of the correct 24 games being posted.
If no one posts the correct answer within one week of this post, I will take another photo with an actual camera.
I will replay as often as possible, but please limit guesses to 1 every 6 hours (per user.)
I will post whether an answer is correct or not.
I will also post which individual games are correct, as well as if they are in the correct position within the order (think Mastermind).
In my responses, incorrect games will be red, correct games but in wrong position will be in grey, and correct answers in the correct position will be in blue.
FINAL RULE. Those participating in the contest are NOT allowed to look at my game collection on BGG. Obviously, there is no way for me to enforce this rule, but just know, if you load up my game collection, and then participate in this contest, you are a dirty cheater, and I don't like you very much. even though, in all likelihood, you're perfectly friendly and we'd get along quite well

Some hints:
We each won 12 games a piece (not counting the set list game).
I anticipate the two most difficult pieces to get will be the d6 and a piece which belongs to another game, but which I use as a "pimped" piece for another game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Win NONE of my Geek Gold!!!
I shall correctly 'guess' that these were A-L-L NEVAH! within my 'kitchen'! and will no doubt then have KEPT that 'record' intact!
Yes, the "A&A"-tank that is a "Sherman" model, and what about thus "Mr. Peabody"?
surprise ONE, lone 6 meant you lacked 2 in order to play "Backgammon".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The he'll with that game-send me that pile of stuff & I'll make you a romantic collage/mixed media piece you'll keep forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Fagerburg
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shear panic on the 9th (ladies dancing ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van de Voorde
Belgium
Schoonaarde (Dendermonde)
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Have a Dikke Knuffel (A Big Hug for you non dutch speaking people :) )
badge
Stepping out on the road is a dangerous business. You have to keep your feet under you, or before you know it you'll be swept off to who knows where!
mbmbmb
Shear Panic
Balloon Cup
Mr Jack
Axis & Allies
Backgammon
7 Wonders - Leaders

don't have any other clues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent T.
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. And completely out of my league.

I personally have the exact opposite set of resolutions- spend more time on BGG and more money on games. That way I can be more effective at these contests.

Good luck with your resolutions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy E
msg tools
mbmbmb
Not to dissuade you from your resolution, but if you're just looking to spend less money on games, there are plenty of ways to do that without spending less time on games. In addition to simply replaying the games you already have (I would imagine you've only played each game a few times if you collected 100 games in the last year), you could also spend more time in the Game Design forum, playtesting unpublished, print-and-play games posted by other users. This way, you keep getting to play new games, and it's free, and as a bonus it helps out the developers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.