Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve Dodd
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be getting the core set, and also want to ask if I should stick with the core set at first, are there any adventure packs that are worth buying/skipping or do the packs have to be bought in order of release? Any other help in getting started with this game would be appreciated (will play plenty of solo and some 2 player games).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get a lot of plays out of the core set and nothing else - both solo and two player. The first quest is rather easy, but the second two can be brutal. Especially if you just use the single sphere decks from the core set (which I did for many games and had plenty of fun with).

You don't have to buy the adventure packs in a specific order, but the quests tell a combined story. But the more you have the more fun deckbuilding will be.

And on a side note: Personally I always use two decks for solo, but it can be played with just one.

It's a fun game that I've spent a lot of quality time playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no reason to buy any of the expansions until you have got good use out of the core set, and decided that you want more. Whether that takes you a couple of days, or a couple of months or you never get there, is to be determined.
As for the APs - well, some are better than others as far as the scenarios are concerned. But if you are getting into the game fairly seriously, you should look at the new player cards that you get with each AP. In some cases you may ant the AP, even if the scenario is iffy, just because of those cards. The song cards, for example, make using a mixed sphere deck mush easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Davis
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve,

Take a look at the fan-produced quests which are available for free download (take a look in the files section of BGG). These add a lot of new challenges and some of them are more popular than some of the published quests!

I've had the game for several months and played it a lot, and I have not yet purchased an adventure pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.