4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: GeekBuddy Game Ratings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
This function allows you to see a list of games that have a high average rating among your geekbuddies. To begin with, it would be useful to be able to restrict this search to one of your groups of buddies. It would be even more useful to be able to restrict the results to items from one of the geek domains; as it is you get RPGs, video games and board games in the same list with no indications of what's what.

There's also a technical bug involved. If one of your geekbuddies has entered two copies of an item in their collection, and entered ratings for both, these will all count towards both the minimum number of ratings needed for an item to appear on the list and the calculated rating average. (When average ratings are calculated normally, only the first rating entered by a specific user for a specific game is counted.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Agreed on the desirability of searching for ratings by group of buddies and on the need to filter out video and role-playing games. I would also value a way of filtering out expansions. However, geekbuddy ratings seem to be the ugly stepchild of BGG functionality; repeated requests for small improvements have gone unheard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
This function allows you to see a list of games that have a high average rating among your geekbuddies. To begin with, it would be useful to be able to restrict this search to one of your groups of buddies. It would be even more useful to be able to restrict the results to items from one of the geek domains; as it is you get RPGs, video games and board games in the same list with no indications of what's what.

Also suggested here:

Split boarg games & rpgs in geekbuddy search
Checkbox to exclude videogames from the gb ratings analyzer
boardgame only geekbuddy game ratings
Please fix/improve the GeekBuddy Game Ratings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziuuuu Teck
Canada
Qikiqtarjuaq
flag msg tools
It would be great if you could exclude expansions from GeekBuddy Game Ratings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.