Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat the division rival Lions today 45-41. Sat the presumed league MVP (Aaron Rodgers) and played the second string quarterback Matt Flynn. All Flynn did was throw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns.

OK, so still no defense. But I think it knocked the Lions out of the #5 seed.

Wild card games next week and then it's on to defending the Super Bowl.

I do love football (and Green Bay). whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think ATL had teh 5th seed locked up with a win vs hapless TB regardless of Lions outcome. (false, the lions win and they were the 5th seed sigh) Pretty happy to be in the playoffs for the first time in 20years... going to nawlins for round 1 soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly think this offense could put up 30 points with Errol Flynn under center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Errol Flynn is playing linebacker for the Packers at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting playoffs coming up. Of the three favorites in the AFC (by record, not seed) - NE (13-3), Balt (12-4), and Pitt (12-4), NE is all offense, while the other two are defense first clubs. In the NFC, the three favorites, GB (15-1), NO (13-3), and SF (13-3), it's reversed, with two of the teams, GB and NO, being all offense, and SF resembling Balt and Pitt with defense first.

Back in the day, it was always said that defense wins championships, but last year, we saw a GB team that was an offensive powerhouse, overwhelm Pitt and its highly ranked defense. I wonder if the pendulum has fully swung, and now its offense that wins championships. If I had to venture a guess, I'm saying offense over defense again this year (and that pains me to say, as a Steelers fanatic), and my SB pick right now is NO 38, Balt 24. I hope I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Interesting playoffs coming up. Of the three favorites in the AFC (by record, not seed) - NE (13-3), Balt (12-4), and Pitt (12-4), NE is all offense, while the other two are defense first clubs. In the NFC, the three favorites, GB (15-1), NO (13-3), and SF (13-3), it's reversed, with two of the teams, GB and NO, being all offense, and SF resembling Balt and Pitt with defense first.

Back in the day, it was always said that defense wins championships, but last year, we saw a GB team that was an offensive powerhouse, overwhelm Pitt and its highly ranked defense. I wonder if the pendulum has fully swung, and now its offense that wins championships. If I had to venture a guess, I'm saying offense over defense again this year (and that pains me to say, as a Steelers fanatic), and my SB pick right now is NO 38, Balt 24. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are too. Green Bay over NE. 35-24

Joe Flacco is too up and down.

This is my first prediction. My son will kill me when he learns about it. gulpFirst game first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
YOU JINXED IT ALL AND NOW THEIR PLANE IS GOING TO CRASH.

Exactly what my son will say. Damn. soblue

I should only predict games after they are over. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Drew Breese will win MVP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Back in the day, it was always said that defense wins championships, but last year, we saw a GB team that was an offensive powerhouse, overwhelm Pitt and its highly ranked defense.

Last year's defensive rankings:

Yardage--Pittsburgh #2, Green Bay #5
Scoring--Pittsburgh #1, Green Bay #2

Last year's offensive rankings:

Yardage--Green Bay #9, Pittsburgh #14
Scoring--Green Bay #10, Pittsburgh #12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mistermarino wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
Back in the day, it was always said that defense wins championships, but last year, we saw a GB team that was an offensive powerhouse, overwhelm Pitt and its highly ranked defense.

Last year's defensive rankings:

Yardage--Pittsburgh #2, Green Bay #5
Scoring--Pittsburgh #1, Green Bay #2

Last year's offensive rankings:

Yardage--Green Bay #9, Pittsburgh #14
Scoring--Green Bay #10, Pittsburgh #12

Well, a couple of thoughts...

1. The Packers offensive advantage (yardage) versus the Steelers (9 vs. 14) was greater than their defensive deficit (5 vs. 2). I'm not sure that means anything, other than to say that the defenses of the two teams were closer to being equal, while GB had a more marked advantage when comparing offenses.

2. I think if you looked at GB over the latter half of the season and through the playoffs, their offensive ranking would have been higher than their season ranking of 9. I seem to recall they got hot and took off during the second half of the season, and especially in the playoffs.

Additionally, when you look at the SB, it was a relatively high scoring affair (31-25 GB), favoring offense over defense. It was definitely a game more suited to the Pack's style than Pittsburgh's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to point out that both Super Bowl participants last year did, in fact, have excellent defenses. After this year's performance, it's easy to forget how good Green Bay's defense was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

Incredibly unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

That would be a bad bet. He's good, but will finish 2nd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

At best he would be a co-mvp and I doubt that will happen either, the media is completely in love with Rodgers right now. He will be the MVP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't begin to imagine the amount of future money Matt Flynn earned for himself yesterday. He's a free agent after the season and there are so many lousy quarterbacks in the league. Someone will pay him huge bucks.

Packers need to draft a backup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I can't begin to imagine the amount of future money Matt Flynn earned for himself yesterday. He's a free agent after the season and there are so many lousy quarterbacks in the league. Someone will pay him huge bucks.

Haha ya. I cannot remember one backup QB ever earning so much money while playing only ONE game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Haha ya. I cannot remember one backup QB ever earning so much money while playing only ONE game!

Actually he has played in a few and usually looks pretty good. But I'd sure add him to my Christmas list for 2012 hoping he will reciprocate.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Flynn started two games in his career and played good in one and outstanding in the other...

New England, 12/19/10 Completion % 64.7 Yards 251 TD/Int 3-1 Rting 100.2

Detroit, 1/1/12 Completion % 70.5 Yards 480 TD/Int 6-1 Rting 136.4

Hell, I would take him over Ponder or Webb, though we are going to stick with those two bums and suck for another 4 or 5 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
Matt Flynn started two games in his career and played good in one and outstanding in the other...

New England, 12/19/10 24-37 64.7 251 3-1 100.2
Detroit, 1/1/12 31-44 70.5 480 6-1 136.4

Hell, I would take him over Ponder or Webb, though we are going to stick with those two bums and suck for another 4 or 5 years.

I feel your pain, Lance. Then again, maybe I don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You just keep this upbeat attitude when they lose to the Saints, you hear me big guy?

Speaking of which - can we PLEASE have some teams in the Super Bowl that haven't been there in the last 10 years?

Go Texans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
You just keep this upbeat attitude when they lose to the Saints, you hear me big guy?

Speaking of which - can we PLEASE have some teams in the Super Bowl that haven't been there in the last 10 years?

Go Texans!

Not in Green Bay in January. Drew will feel a different kind of "breeze." devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:

Go Texans!

You mean the Niners right Lance?

The Saints will have to go through us first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

Go Texans!

I'm hoping the Saints and the 49ers play for days in a tie and will be too exhausted to play the conference final.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Bond8089 wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

Go Texans!

I'm hoping the Saints and the 49ers play for days in a tie and will be too exhausted to play the conference final.

I just want a fairly refed game with either team. Would be a fun game to watch, even if we lost. Already been a successful season for the team IMHO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Bond8089 wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

Go Texans!

I just want a fairly refed game with either team. Would be a fun game to watch, even if we lost. Already been a successful season for the team IMHO!

Great season for the 49ers. Looks like Harbaugh knows how to utilize Smith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.