Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Dust Tactics: Webdice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Dirty-scritpted this while it rained... < link temp removed due to site infection >

It allows players to roll the most common dice around in DT and to see the result, time of roll, who rolled and in what game. Perhaps of use if you play by forum or something, else I doubt it... =P

(Right click Save AS to fetch Source...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junlins caanil
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
This is great! Just the thing I needed to play with friends over the internet.

One question though, how to use it? How do I install it in my computer? I would appreciate if it can be explained in layman's language - someone who isn't a computer savvy. Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
It's web based - it runs directly on the site. No need to "install" it or run it on your own computer.

Press [setup], fill in the info. Write your name, what you call the game you and the other person will play (up to you guys, can be anythin) and pick the faction you will play in that particular game.

Then go back to the url and roll a couple of dice. It will then logg the result so your friends can see what you got. If you do all of this but without having used [setup] your results wont be logged/shown to your friend and others on the site.

Edit: You only need to download the source code if you know PHP. If you don't then there is no need for you to get it or use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junlins caanil
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
thanks alot for the quick response. I got it now. I appreciate the help. More power

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junlins caanil
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
There is a worm virus in this link.. Two of my internet friends and I had our PCs crashed badly because of webdice site.

I really enjoyed playing dust over the net. Maybe somebody out there can come up with an interface just like what War of the Ring is using. Below is the link of the site of what I am talking about.

http://www.warofthering.eu/online_down.htm

its an online jave client. I really don't know much about programming but the WOTR interface is more safe and virus free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
The webdice source code is not infected. The site that ran it was though. Damage done to a normal PC would be non-existant though as it is a server side script worm that targets servers mainly.

If you have very outdated versions of flash and browser and also don't use anti-virus protection then it might do some damage though.

The Webdice source code could be downloaded and ran on any site anywwhere that isn't infected supports basic PHP. The worm attack was not related to the webdice source code - it was a Gumblar variant and has a million ways of infecting a site that runs even up to date scripts such as blogs, forums etc. Furthermore, the infection doesn't affect Chrome or Firefox, at least not my versions from what I can see, but I'm running Linux so it might explain why all works on my computer.

You can use VASSAL to play any board game, including DT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
snowdrop wrote:
The webdice source code is not infected. The site that ran it was though. Damage done to a normal PC would be non-existant...

Tell that to my PC who couldn't even find its own hard drive anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Loophole Master wrote:
Tell that to my PC who couldn't even find its own hard drive anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.