United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SOLD OUT cry

I could have gottten the 4x4 but did not. Any other suggestions as alternatives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
http://d6desperados.com
badge
Mooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
What about ordering it online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why did you decide against the 4x4? It's still better than most and if you really wanted that extra rows you could supplement with a 4x1. I'll be getting a 4x2 in the coming weeks for my games/vinyl storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Soper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me... I said screw it and bought the four by four.

I love the expedit, couldn't imagine storing my collection with out it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee S
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikea was sold out that same one at the MN location. I called them and they were able to tell me when it will be re-stocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
labrhat22 wrote:
What about ordering it online?

$130 shipping on a $199 product.

to the 4x4, I prolly should have just bought it but I WANTED the 5x5 unit. petulant child won out over logic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sand1201 wrote:
Ikea was sold out that same one at the MN location. I called them and they were able to tell me when it will be re-stocked.

I have a notification set up. I was in teh neighborhood, which I rarely am as its about 1 hr and 10min away from home. Not too bad, but not close either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd bought it, it wouldn't have filled the empty hole in your heart, and you would have ended up going to testicular cancer support groups. And it would have gone downhill from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 4x4 and a 4x2 pushed together. It's pretty sweet! And if I want to expand it again, I can grab another 4x2. I don't think you can get any other sizes with 5 cubes in a row, can you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
imyourskribe wrote:
I have a 4x4 and a 4x2 pushed together. It's pretty sweet! And if I want to expand it again, I can grab another 4x2. I don't think you can get any other sizes with 5 cubes in a row, can you?
But you could put a 4x1 on each side, then get a 4x2 and put that on one side and move both 4x1s to the other side, and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn
Belgium
Antwerpen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imyourskribe wrote:

Around here they also sell 1x5's. Got those to expand ourbecause 5x5 television set from Expedit.

They don't sell 1x4 here though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van de Voorde
Belgium
Schoonaarde (Dendermonde)
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Have a Dikke Knuffel (A Big Hug for you non dutch speaking people :) )
badge
Stepping out on the road is a dangerous business. You have to keep your feet under you, or before you know it you'll be swept off to who knows where!
mbmbmb
Soeverein wrote:
imyourskribe wrote:

Around here they also sell 1x5's. Got those to expand ourbecause 5x5 television set from Expedit.

They don't sell 1x4 here though.

We have a 1X5 hanging above our bed as a big nightstand (super easy to stor e books )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gagnier
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What advantage do you find in Expedit as opposed to other models available at Ikea, such as Billy or Gorm? I have Expedit shelves for books, and I find I lose a lot of room due to the very small size of the sections. I wouldn't think of using them for board games for that reason.

Also, since they aren't adjustable, I have tons of games that wouldn't fit in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgag wrote:
What advantage do you find in Expedit as opposed to other models available at Ikea, such as Billy or Gorm? I have Expedit shelves for books, and I find I lose a lot of room due to the very small size of the sections. I wouldn't think of using them for board games for that reason.

Also, since they aren't adjustable, I have tons of games that wouldn't fit in them.
dunno, the boards say so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgag wrote:

Billy shelves are great for books, but they aren't really deep enough for board games. I don't know what Gorm is like. I don't really understand the fuss over Expedit, either. I bought Besta shelves for my games. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=besta
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gagnier
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mevitale wrote:

Billy shelves are great for books, but they aren't really deep enough for board games.

That's what I use, and it's true that for the FFC/DOW square boxes, it doesn't fully contain the games. That said, it holds them just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgag wrote:
mevitale wrote:

Billy shelves are great for books, but they aren't really deep enough for board games.

That's what I use, and it's true that for the FFC/DOW square boxes, it doesn't fully contain the games. That said, it holds them just fine.

+1
Have a Billy bookcase for my games and yeah there is a bit of overhang but not much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mevitale wrote:
jgag wrote:

Billy shelves are great for books, but they aren't really deep enough for board games. I don't know what Gorm is like. I don't really understand the fuss over Expedit, either. I bought Besta shelves for my games. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=besta

Those aren't bad . I saw the billys and they were walmart equivalent bookshelves which is fine. I assume the fuss over expedit is that people like the design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey Prime wrote:
jgag wrote:
mevitale wrote:

+1
Have a Billy bookcase for my games and yeah there is a bit of overhang but not much.

*shrug* I just like them to be completely on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Karlsson
Sweden
Ljungby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IKEA: Sweden's way of trolling the rest of the world.

Seriously, has there ever been any problem free trip to IKEA?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'll let you know tomorrow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I bought myself my very own 4x4 today, as it happens. If it helps, they have 5x5 in stock in Hannover, although I'm not sure they're worth the extra cost, especially as I don't have the games to fill the smaller one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elgin_j wrote:
I bought myself my very own 4x4 today, as it happens. If it helps, they have 5x5 in stock in Hannover, although I'm not sure they're worth the extra cost, especially as I don't have the games to fill the smaller one.
how is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey Prime wrote:
jgag wrote:
mevitale wrote:

+1

I just want to add that I have the newer Billy shelves that are 15" deep. It's more then enough to hold most of my games without any overhang.

There's been a few more added to the stack on top since then but here's a shot after we put it up and loaded it with games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.