Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Best of Chit Chat 2011 (need input, please) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have spent all of 2011 tagging Chit Chat threads that I've found interesting and possibly candidates for the annual "Best of" geeklist.

I am asking for input from our worthy chit chatters to help me either a) narrow down my list, or b) point out any worthy threads that I have missed.

Here they are: http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/maybe/user/EgorjLileli

Thanks in advance!!

kiss
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much everything I post is awesome.

well...

at least my dogs think so.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My input: you have good data already.
You've covered all of the high points in Chit Chat 2011 (since I started coming here regularly) that I can see.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knock knock open up the door it's Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
THAT is what the MAYBE tag is about [interrobang!?]

I've wondered about that all year.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest the following:

The Cool Pictures Thread
Which, while it's just a random selection of images is a lasting Forum activity, started in 2011.

and

They Tell Me I'm Delightful To Work With
A compendium of work conversations.

and also

Terrible Movies You Love [SNOB]

and, finally (even though it's short)

No, We Aren't Going to Kill Each Other

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
purplewurple wrote:
THAT is what the MAYBE tag is about [interrobang!?]

I've wondered about that all year.


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroZilla wrote:
I would suggest the following:

The Cool Pictures Thread
Which, while it's just a random selection of images is a lasting Forum activity, started in 2011.

and

They Tell Me I'm Delightful To Work With
A compendium of work conversations.

and also

Terrible Movies You Love [SNOB]

and, finally (even though it's short)

No, We Aren't Going to Kill Each Other

Thanks, Paul!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'm sure it's bad form to nominate your own threads, I do recall the following post in http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/614600/amazing-food-ideas-or...

Sinister Dexter wrote:
I'd like to nominate this thread to be included in the Best of Chit Chat 2011.

- http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6213620#6213620


6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
WHOSE 'idea' was "it" to TAG with Vaseline? surprise
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
WHOSE 'idea' was "it" to TAG with Vaseline? surprise
Tom Vasel's?
6 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was suprised to find this on the list, (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/604973/is-there-a-company-th...) so I went back and re read it to see if there was awesomeness that I'd forgotten (I was the OP).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot better posts than this one--hell, this wasn't even the best thing by any single person who posted on the thread this year.

The only thing I really got from reading that is a) I'm still angry with Apple and b) Aldie owns Apple stock! He's a closet 1%er isn't he?

Diis

PS: Yes, that was a joke--let's not RSP this thread; we did so well in keeping the gun threads here, after all.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Yeah! The commercial of my wife doing yoga made the list!! She has been practicing in order to go perform in New York in December.

She has been working on this pose...

 


...which has really built up her arms and shoulders to the point that she beats the crap out of me.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diis wrote:
I was suprised to find this on the list, (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/604973/is-there-a-company-th...) so I went back and re read it to see if there was awesomeness that I'd forgotten (I was the OP).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot better posts than this one--hell, this wasn't even the best thing by any single person who posted on the thread this year.

The only thing I really got from reading that is a) I'm still angry with Apple and b) Aldie owns Apple stock! He's a closet 1%er isn't he?

Diis

PS: Yes, that was a joke--let's not RSP this thread; we did so well in keeping the gun threads here, after all.


So.......do I NOT include it?

Is there another one of yours you'd like to nominate?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
 


...and the dog couldn't care less. laugh
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Diis wrote:
I was suprised to find this on the list, (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/604973/is-there-a-company-th...) so I went back and re read it to see if there was awesomeness that I'd forgotten (I was the OP).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot better posts than this one--hell, this wasn't even the best thing by any single person who posted on the thread this year.

The only thing I really got from reading that is a) I'm still angry with Apple and b) Aldie owns Apple stock! He's a closet 1%er isn't he?

Diis

PS: Yes, that was a joke--let's not RSP this thread; we did so well in keeping the gun threads here, after all.


So.......do I NOT include it?

Is there another one of yours you'd like to nominate?


I'd like to nominate this one: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/738135/the-ghosts-of-dec...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a little biased, but some of the most fun I had all year was here:

I wish Joe Gola got hit in the junk with a fish more often
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw these out there:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/629284/your-chit-chat-ch...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/659022/i-have-to-clean-u...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/665953/need-help-re-mora...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
She liked farming...
badge
...he preferred stabbing things in the neck.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My Dinner with HiveGod, Part One: The Demolishing Dark
My Dinner with HiveGod, Part Two: The Dreadful Dormitory
My Dinner with HiveGod, Part Three: The Diabolical Delivery
My Dinner with HiveGod, Part Four: The Demonic Denouement


Like all good young adult series, this one has sex, witchcraft, sexy witchcraft, ghost-panties and at some point someone actually eats dinner.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Has the one where Joe Gola died been mentioned already?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Has the one where Joe Gola died been mentioned already?


Joe Gola died? WHY AM I ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:


+1

HiveGod met a ton of Chit Chatters in person in 2011 and Gola was the only one who didn't spill the beans.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
HiveGod wrote:


+1

HiveGod met a ton of Chit Chatters in person in 2011 and Gola was the only one who didn't spill the beans.


Well, when HiveGod met us, I figured he'd have spilled the beans himself, but then I guess that's why we wiped his mind, eh?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
jeffwiles wrote:
HiveGod wrote:


+1

HiveGod met a ton of Chit Chatters in person in 2011 and Gola was the only one who didn't spill the beans.


Well, when HiveGod met us, I figured he'd have spilled the beans himself, but then I guess that's why we wiped his mind, eh?


Ixnay on the indmay ipeway.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
She liked farming...
badge
...he preferred stabbing things in the neck.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, what?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.