Tom Hudson
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The setup makes no sense. If the Germans setup as stated, the US artillery cannot possibly affect them. What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fricke
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The setup for that scenario is backwards. North should be pointed down, not up. This reverses the placement of the Germans and US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Woyak
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Everybody POLKA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see anywhere in the ASLSK rulebooks that show how to handle a bombardment. What am I missing?

I also looked on MMP's website...it's a shame there's no errata listed for this scenario (should be easy to post to their website...) soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swoyak wrote:
I don't see anywhere in the ASLSK rulebooks that show how to handle a bombardment. What am I missing?

SSR2 of the OOB tell you exactly what bombardment is and what you have to do.
IMO the "." after the first sentence should be changed into a ":".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Woyak
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Everybody POLKA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. After re-reading the SSR, I misunderstood the second sentence. Where it states "The eligible areas are hexrows N,O, and P on...." I thought a person was to select a target hex, not N,O,P on board s; or rows A-P (hexes 1,2) on board r. That makes more sense. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hudson
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jeff, that makes sense. By the way, where did you come by this info? I checked here and the MMP support page before posting and did not see any errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Martin
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
november wrote:
Thanks, Jeff, that makes sense. By the way, where did you come by this info? I checked here and the MMP support page before posting and did not see any errata.

I had the same trouble too, but it's the only way to set it up so the scenario makes sense. The Americans are supposed to be attacking into a city, and the artillery bombardment wouldn't touch the Germans.

Ken Dunn wrote this on his MMP blog "There was one piece of errata. The north arrow on the scenrio "Enter the Young" (S51) was accidentally turned around. If you reverse the north arrow depiction on the card you will be fine."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fricke
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
november wrote:

I came across it on the Gamesquad ASL forums I believe. Sorry I don't have a good reference for it as to being "official".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played S51 this w.e. at Paris Historical Gaming Open.

I think there may be another issue with the setup area,
Germans setup instruction says:

"set up on board s south/west of the sQ10-sQ7-sZ6-sGG6 road"

The way I read it is that the Germans isn't allowed to setup on board r at all.

However this would make the option of calling down the barrage on board r pointless. So I think the intent was to allow the Germans to setup on board s in the aforementioned area AND anywhere on board r.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Topp
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: S51 setup
Yes - the Germans may set up on boards r and s south/west of the sQ10-sQ7-sZ6-sGG6 road.

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/setup-ques...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gochinski
msg tools
Gentlemen

Late to party with this, but I wanted to post for all anyway.
Errata for S51

Thanks!
Joe

ASLSK #51 Enter the Young (Expansion Pack #1)

Victory Conditions:
The American player must occupy either one or both of hexes sH4 or rP5 with a Good Order unit at game end to win the scenario. Any other result and the German player wins the scenario.

MAP:
Reverse the north arrow (make sure you don’t rotate the boards, just the north arrow)

German OB:
The Germans Set up on board s and r south/west of the sQ10-sQ7-sZ6-sGG6 road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, you can't just post "errata" without citing its source.

What is the source? It seems unlikely that it would be MMP, since MMP never post errata for Starter Kit products.

There is no errata posted for any ASLSK scenario on the MMP website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.