Subject: boardgameguy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does anyone have a phone number for boardgameguy.com ?

i have tried emailing them (direct from their website as well as using my email account), geekmailing ryan burns (kingofthegrill) and still no response. now i understand this is a holiday week, so things might be a little slow but this is not the first time either. it is the 3rd.

last time i placed an order with them, i had similar issues of non communication. finally, after 2 weeks or so of repeated contact attempts i heard back from them that my email ended up in their "junk" mail folder. obviously, that excuse doesn't work because i used a number of different ways to contact them, but whats the point of arguing. i like to give retailers the benefit of the doubt, but "3 strikes and you're out".

anyone else have similar issues with them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Noom-noom-Numeron, send us food to chew-mer-on.
badge
Ed's chunk just spun in place, forever.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had complications crop up in an order I had put in with them (not they're fault), but they sorted it out very quickly with excellent communication. I'm sure the holidays are just slowing them up a bit!

I'm sending you a PM with his phone number, just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
robot No, I never conducted anything with these, while 'moi' DID have an 'issue' with "your out" instead of "you're", of 'yores'! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
robot No, I never conducted anything with these, while 'moi' DID have an 'issue' with "your out" instead of "you're", of 'yores'! whistle

thanks for the correction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from them several times and never a problem. This is a strange holiday week were the US Post is closed on several days and mail is running several days behind. Maybe that can explain all the "perceived" delay, when in reality its quite expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
I have ordered from them several times and never a problem. This is a strange holiday week were the US Post is closed on several days and mail is running several days behind. Maybe that can explain all the "perceived" delay, when in reality its quite expected.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ richard and adam:

this lack of communication on boardgameguy's part this week, maybe can be explained by Christmas/ New Years. but i mentioned in the OP how this is not the first time where i have not received any responses from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
update:

right after this post, i received an email explaining how busy they are during the Holidays and will get back to me the following day. needless to say, its now 3 days later and still no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
update:

right after this post, i received an email explaining how busy they are during the Holidays and will get back to me the following day. needless to say, its now 3 days later and still no response.

I was going to make an order and tried to call, then the email form, and probably 3 or 4 days later I called(again). Got ahold of Ryan and he was great - super friendly and told me the holidays had them swamped but he had seen my email and was looking into some of the possibilities I had asked about with restock and he said he would let me know within a day or 2.

Anyways, that was before the holiday stuff you are talking about(I think it was like 15-20ish of December). That is the last time I heard from him. Not even the "sorry we're swamped" email. I really wanted to work something out with him as it would help a smaller vendor, but oh well, I bought elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.