msg tools
Hello,

Given the following hand:

Copper
Copper
Throne Room
Moneylender
(something else)

Can you in the action phase put down the Throne Room, which will double the Moneylender, which can convert the two Coppers into +6, which will all you to buy 1 gold in the buy phase?

I think I am right, but I need some help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it. You play the throne room, which means you *must* choose an action card in your hand to play twice. You choose the Moneylender, which first trashes a copper for +3 money, and then trashes another copper for +3 money. Now you have 6 money to spend and no other treasure in hand, so you may buy a gold (or any other card costing 6 or less).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tripwire Tripwire
msg tools
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tripwire wrote:
Can you in the action phase put down the Throne Room, which will double the Moneylender,...

Note also that Throne Room does not double anything. Rather, it has you choose a card and play it twice. It doesn't make any difference with Moneylender, but it does make a difference in other situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.