Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says it all. For instance, I spawn a predator into a neighboring habitat, where the prey is eatable (within 1 size difference, has matching roadrunner DNA to the prey). Then, next turn, the prey in that space acquires a roadrunner DNA the predator does not have. Can the predator keep sitting in the space, even though it now can't "eat" the prey? The rules seem to suggest that the next check made on this would be if there is competition in the predator's space (as it's step one in carnivore culling), but common sense seems to suggest otherwise. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Note that the title of section 4.3 is "Herbivore & carnivore contests, and final culling". The stage includes determining suitability of single predators/herbivores, as well as competitions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
Note that the title of section 4.3 is "Herbivore & carnivore contests, and final culling". The stage includes determining suitability of single predators/herbivores, as well as competitions.

Many thanks - it was the "... or have no food" I was missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.