Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cwissy
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this situation come up TWICE in one game. My opponent could NOT play a thing from his hand after rolling at the top of his turn. It largely had to do with being stuck with mostly orange dice on a board with no orange and no shapes that he could build from without duplication. The rules don't specify. We played that he had to go scoreless and re-roll next turn. Can anyone clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Petaluma
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are unable to play, you must re-roll all of your cubes until you can play.

This is in the How to Play section on page 2 of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cwissy
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I didn't get that from the rules. The rulebook appears to state that one must re-roll until a playable hand comes up if the first player can't play at least a three-point opener.

So if, after the first turn, my opponent doesn't have a legal move even after re-rolling at the start of his turn, he must re-roll until he does, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Petaluma
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I was directly quoting the last line in the How to Play section from my rules.

In the Starting the Game section it says that the first player must re-roll all their cubes until they can play more than one cube. I'm curious, do your rules say something different? Mine don't mention a "three-point opener".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you start your turn with a legal move, how many times can you re-roll?
Our group agreed it could only be once per turn, otherwise everyone could keep re-rolling until they have the best option available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Petaluma
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You re-roll any number of dice once as part of your turn.

You only get to re-roll again on the same turn if you have NO plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Reinhard
Germany
flag msg tools
Have i to roll all the cubes together if i have no move or first one only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.