Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I fight an elite guard that is actually 2 guards, can I switch from strength to stealth in the middle of the battle with that one card if I have the skill that lets me switch?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. The two guards are treated separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:

Really? Damn, we played that you can't. Made those guards a lot more scary for their 2 points. Crane style just gets more powerful everyday (and it was already pretty high in my regard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Visser
South Africa
flag msg tools
adamw wrote:

My wife and I played last night (friends in our board games club gave me Ninjato for my 30th birthday!) and the following scenario came up:

My wife called out 'Banzai' on a red treasure knowing that she would have to face an Elite guard (or maybe two Elite guards) and as fate would have it the Gijon/Samurai two-guard Elite was pulled. In her artillery she had two Dojo cards (a 3 and a 5) and the Seishin-teki Harmony card, allowing her the ability to switch from Stealth to Strength. At that point she was in Stealth mode.

As Gijon is a 3 guard and Samurai a 5 guard, it means she would have lost against both provided she faced them in order (from left to right). However, she asked whether it is allowed to first face Samurai with her 3 Dojo card, switch to Strength using the Seishin-teki Harmony card and then face Gijon with her 5 Dojo card, thereby beating both guards. Being the perfect gentleman I allowed it (although it ultimately cost me the game - I lost with 4 honour).

So Adam, my question is, in the future (especially when our friends are joining us), is it allowed to face the two-guard Elite in any order as we did or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
You may resolve the double elite guard in any order you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.