Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bennett
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
So, the rules for Nero state:
Quote:
Nero grants 2 coins for each Victory token earned by the player from this point forward. These coins are taken from the bank when the Victory tokens are gained.
Clarification: Nero has no effect on Victory tokens won before he enters play.

I'm confused. Does this mean that for every +1/+3/+5 token you get he gives 2 coin, or that for every victory (for each player side) he gives 2 coin? I assume the former, but then he's strictly worse than Croesus! In that case, I'll just house-rule it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused by your confusion - to me, both of the options you've written down look the same (and correct). Nero will give you 0, 2 or 4 coins in each of ages 1, 2, and 3, depending on whether you beat neither, one or both of your neighbours, because you get 0, 1 or 2 victory tokens in each age, respectively. The most coins you can get from Nero is 12, which is more than the 6 you get from Croesus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EnderA wrote:
So, the rules for Nero state:
Quote:
Nero grants 2 coins for each Victory token earned by the player from this point forward. These coins are taken from the bank when the Victory tokens are gained.
Clarification: Nero has no effect on Victory tokens won before he enters play.

I'm confused. Does this mean that for every +1/+3/+5 token you get he gives 2 coin, or that for every victory (for each player side) he gives 2 coin? I assume the former, but then he's strictly worse than Croesus! In that case, I'll just house-rule it.

Both of the things you say here are exactly the same. As mentioned above, you either get 0, 2, or 4 coins per age depending if you got 0, 1, or 2 victory tokens (which is the same as winning a victory).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.