4 Posts

Formula D» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
When you arrive to the coner and stop, does that stop counts for the corner or do you have to stop again?

If lets say that one of the corners has the number 1 on it and you end your turn in the corner, does that count as a stop or do you have to do an additional stop?

There are spaces in the straightaway after the S-turn shaded in grey. Why is that?

when is it the right time to use the 6th gear and how come when you shift up, you can only shift one at a time and when you shift down , you can shift twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
When you arrive to the coner and stop, does that stop counts for the corner or do you have to stop again?

The first stop counts as 1 stop in the corner.

If lets say that one of the corners has the number 1 on it and you end your turn in the corner, does that count as a stop or do you have to do an additional stop?

It counts as a stop. Think of the numbers in the corner as "I have to end that number of turns in the corner" regardless of where you started the turn.

There are spaces in the straightaway after the S-turn shaded in grey. Why is that?

I'm not sure which track you're looking at on this one - all of mine look the same color.

when is it the right time to use the 6th gear

Use 6th gear when you're up to speed on a long straight I think I made it to6th once, then had to try not to overshoot a curve.

and how come when you shift up, you can only shift one at a time and when you shift down , you can shift twice?

Like racing with a real manual transmission, you would lose too much power if you tried to skip gears while upshifting (for example, 2nd gear straight to 4th gear). With downshifting though multiple gears, the transmission will help slow you down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Russ has answered most of it, here goes the rest:

This is where the tunnel is on the Monaco track.

when is it the right time to use the 6th gear and how come when you shift up, you can only shift one at a time and when you shift down , you can shift twice?

When you shift down, you can, with the advanced rules, shift up to four gears downwards, at the expense of wear points on your car.
If you ever drive a manual transmission car and try to switch 2 gears up, you would know why you cannot go fast up

I have heard people talking about a turbo rule that would allow you to switch fast up, and you can tinker with this if you are too frustrated with the gearing.
However, one of the most important aspects in FD is to manage your gears, and by allowing fast upshifts, you would reduce this element of the game significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Lorenzen
Denmark
Brøndby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can recommend that you read the rules, they give answers to most of your questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.