Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zubin Madon
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I emailed the designer about a couple questions and he kindly answered. Here they are for all to benefit from.

Can you sell during the buy phase?

No. You can only sell during the sell phase.

Can tunnels that have not yet been dug collapse? (e.g. Can tunnel 5 collapse on turn 1 before it has been dug)?

No.

Can items be moved on their own without a dwarf?

No. They must be carried from tunnel to tunnel by a dwarf.

If I have an Apprentive/Pick/Lantern on Level 1 Tunnel, can I choose to not have the apprentice mine, and play a Master (without new tools) to use the existing tools to mine?

Yes, you can always move your dwarves and tools one tunnel space per day. So, if you want, you can move your apprentice to Tunnel 2, play another dwarf there and have HIM mine.

Can you sell picks and lanterns that are in a tunnel (on days 1-5)?

Yes. You can sell anything up until Day 6, whether it's in your hand or in your tunnels--the thinking is that your dwarves come home at night and can bring their tools with them.

Can you mine with a dwarf if they've already mined pre-cave-in? What if they haven't already mined pre-cave-in? What about tools?

You can only mine with a dwarf who is currently IN a tunnel. If they go back to your hand after a cave-in, they cannot mine until the next Day.

Same for tools.

You hand is always considered unplayed. If a Dwarf, Pick, or Lantern is in your hand by the MINE phase, you cannot use them. If they return to your hand due to a cave-in escape, you cannot use them until the next Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this! Also I thought of a follow up perhaps you or Jason could answer...

zubinmadon wrote:

Can items be moved on their own without a dwarf?

No. They must be carried from tunnel to tunnel by a dwarf.

Can a Dwarf carry multiple tools from cave to cave? Like 2 picks and 2 lanterns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.