Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I go to one of those I really love the feel and the atmosphere. I was hoping to play a game that feels similar to what I feel when I go to them. Any thoughts? (not interested in a paper and pencil roleplaying game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there is always Ren Faire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
The art in the Key-series games might appeal to you. I don't know how much cider making or cabbage harvesting you actually do at a Ren-faire, but it's probably what people around that time had to do!

Agricola is all about not starving during medieval times. Using all sorts of tools from that time period on your farm.

Antiquity Has nice, subdued artwork that looks really nice, and is supposed to evoke a medieval feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheap Ass Games' Huzzah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
Cheap Ass Games' Huzzah!

I was going to recommend that, but it's pretty tongue-in-cheek. Can you provide a little more detail on what kind of feel you are looking for? Any games that come close?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The chivalry, the feasting, the look, the dress, the tournament, the stalls selling fanciful delights, the random medieval events, the weapons, the hardy huzzahs and well wishing, to name a few. I think the one game that comes close, oddly enough, is the red dragon inn series, but I would want something more immersive. Does this help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hinsdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Camelot Legends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Laver
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't located a copy yet, but I am very intrigued by The Road to Canterbury.

PS - I've been involved in re-enactment for many years through the SCA, it's a hoot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren Faire ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.