Cyclades» Forums » Variants

Subject: Dice for order of gods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that I always found a little lacking was the shuffling of the god tiles to then be put on the Biding board. It just seemed a little lame and also damages components that really should not take that much damage. So my solution is to get 4 different coloured dice with colours that correspond to each of the four colours of the gods and role them. Highest number goes at the top and lowest number goes at the bottom. In the case of ties, reroll those particular dice for the places that they tie over.

E.g.
Orange - 3
Blue - 5
White - 5
Purple - 4

So I would need to reroll Blue and White for first and second.

1. Blue - 3
2. White - 1
3. Purple
4. Orange

which gives the order of

1. Poseidon
2. Athena
3. Zeus
4. Ares
(5. Apollo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worse when you play with an ADHD idiot who can't take care of the components / stress it / do it violently / whatever. One of my gods got a small dent. If you shuffle under the table I guess it's fine but it's still disturbing, retarded and a shitty solution. Easy to learn what piece have the white mark on the back side.

Guess one could cover them in plastic but it would had been better to glue a plastic backside on them earlier, now it won't solve anything, and I would prefer to not cover the art work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also heard of other players putting one of each of the small buildings in a bag and putting the gods in the order that their corresponding building was drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.