Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book isn't specific but I assume if you reserve an artwork requiring more than one artist, you pick all of them out immediately? The book only refers to an 'artist' as singular. If not, it will take you 1 or 2 additional turns to get the required artists. This will make them disappear quick in 4-5 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are getting this wrong, each artwork requires only 1 artist, you get to choose which type on those with multiple icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Andy is correct. An artwork might need Painting or Sculpture, your choice.

Note also that many artists have different prices and prestige you get depending on whether you choose to hire them as a painter or an architect, etc. Make sure you're using the correct line on them when you roll the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I suspected I had it wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Parr
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'm still a bit confused...

So, say I want to build an artwork that requires a painter and an architect... When I look at the available artists, there are only artists with one skill left (assume that the other players have snatched up the artists with multiple skills). Does this mean I cannot create the artwork at all this turn? Or, do I take 2 separate artists, one painter and one architect, to collaboratively create the artwork?

When we played for the first time, we ran into this problem a lot. There were only 2-3 artists on the table that possessed more than one skill, and we all wanted to create works that required at least 2 different skills.

Is this just another challenge of the game and who gets the artists first??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
khryztophfer wrote:
I'm still a bit confused...

So, say I want to build an artwork that requires a painter and an architect...

You're misinterpreting it I'm afraid. For that example you would need a painter or an architect. Don't forget that some artists have different costs per skill, so you'd be paying the appropriate cost for the single skill you chose for them to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Parr
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Oh, so if an artwork shows "painter" and "sculptor", you just choose one? You don't need both? That definitely makes things easier...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
khryztophfer wrote:
Oh, so if an artwork shows "painter" and "sculptor", you just choose one? You don't need both? That definitely makes things easier...

Exactly.

While from a gaming point of view, a task requiring multiple artists would be an interesting challenge it wouldn't fit thematically. I have a mental image of Michelangelo working on one bit of the Sistine Chapel ceiling while da Vinci works on another bit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of Florenza the other night and we hired multiple artists for artworks that showed multiple skill types. It seemed to work fine, but it definitely gave the game a much wider swing of points and a "first come, first served" sort of competition, since the artists would run out so fast. I'll play with the correct rules next time, but money really wasn't very tight, so I imagine if I'm only hiring one artist per work I'll have a lot of extra money each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Johnston
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
And a lot of extra workers! I played my first game of Florenza a couple of days ago, and in addition to requiring multiple artists I thought it was one worker per artist hired...

I came here to ask exactly the question in this thread. Glad to see it was asked and answered already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.