4 Posts

Footy Manager» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Pointdexter Harris
msg tools
Hi Luke,

first of all, thank you for this game. I have two questions (so far)

1) what is the process of creating squad in 1st season? (well-I can roll for all players, eliminate those who can´t play in my division but i´d like to know if there is any different way)

2) what is relationship between youth coach and youth module? Coach has his ability described in rules-this exists beside youth module or there is some way how youth coach improves youth development through youth module (logical way)?

Thanks for your answers,

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'd stick with keeping the same mix of 6.5 and 6 rated players but then roll up some ages or something and come up with names. Or you could give a couple of 7 rated players but also more 6 rated players. It's really up to you and the challenge you want. The four squads I provided are the standard balance. Try giving yourself a player who's good in the division but also a couple more weaker players.

2. Any module that does the same / similar job to a coach overrides the coach. Therefore the youth module means that you don't carry out youth development in the way mentioned in the standard rules and just follow the module rules instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Pointdexter Harris
msg tools
Thanks.

Ad Youth module-it means that while using youth module-youth coach is useless. Maybe it is a pitty. Are you going to cobine youth coach and module in the future (in way for example that with a coach more youngster can be developed in a week, development is cheaper or something like that)?

My suggestion can be for example that with youth coach you will get two extra points which can be spent on any player and will not be counting to 2points/player limit....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting thought and sounds at least like a decent variant. Worth a try for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.