Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit Expansion Pack #1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mini-Campaign questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Puente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody, here are a couple of questions regarding the mini-campaign game composed by scenarios "Not so Disposed" and "Converging Assaults":

The SSRs that state the way both scenarios should be linked say:
1- Surviving italian units in the first scenario remain where they are if italians win the first scenario, and dissapear if US win.
2- Surviving americans are free to redeploy
3- Broken units automatically rally, and broken weapons are removed.

Now the questions:
1- What happens with abandoned or captured weapons? In our game we are going to have an US defeat in the first scenario, and we don't know what to do with a gun abandoned by italians, another BAZ abandoned by americans, and an italian MG captured by the americans.

2- Do fortified locations in the first scenario remain fortified for the second?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sergio,
This doesn't seem to be addressed, so going just by the rule, the weapons in question are not affected: the captured SW remains in possession and the abandoned SW remains in the hex. I see no reason (Rule or Reality) to suggest otherwise. You could always ask for an official answer too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kim
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Ken Dunn, the S47/S48 scenario author, some of the same questions. This is what he told me.

Quote:
Quote:
Ken,

I have a some questions about the linked S47 and S48 scenarios
in the ASLSK Expansion Pack. I think you were the author of
those. I know this will not be official, but the good folks
at MMP haven't responded to my questions on this yet. So
I just want to understand your take about it.

When you play S48 as a linked scenario, during the setup,
what do you do about these situations:

1. do the fortified locations carry over from S47?

2. captured SW, does the capturing side still retain these, if those forces are retained into the S48 scenario?

3. unpossessed SW, do these just remain where they are?

4. if the US MTR 81 ran out of WP, is it resupplied by the time S48 starts?

5. if the 7-4-7s remain, are they still considered assualt engineers with increased smoke exponent?

Thanks,
-ted

Ted

These answers are all answerable per the SSR. The way to read it is to do what we call COWTRA (Concentrate on what the rules allow) and not to read deeper than the "black letter law" of the rule.

1. Yes if the Italian "won" the first scenario then they are treated as an Italian unit or weapon per SSR 1 of S48.

2. If the Americans "win" then all Italian pieces are removed per SSR

3. If Americans "win" then all Italian pieces are removed per SSR. If the Italian "wins" then all Italian pieces remain in place. Americans are allowed to "re-setup" with the restrictions per the SSR.

4.Yes per the SSR units start in Good Order per SSR and status markers are removed.

5. Yes

I hope you enjoy the scenario! Sorry it took me a day or two to get to this.

ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.