I have a some questions about the linked S47 and S48 scenarios
in the ASLSK Expansion Pack. I think you were the author of
those. I know this will not be official, but the good folks
at MMP haven't responded to my questions on this yet. So
I just want to understand your take about it.
When you play S48 as a linked scenario, during the setup,
what do you do about these situations:
1. do the fortified locations carry over from S47?
2. captured SW, does the capturing side still retain these, if those forces are retained into the S48 scenario?
3. unpossessed SW, do these just remain where they are?
4. if the US MTR 81 ran out of WP, is it resupplied by the time S48 starts?
5. if the 7-4-7s remain, are they still considered assualt engineers with increased smoke exponent?
These answers are all answerable per the SSR. The way to read it is to do what we call COWTRA (Concentrate on what the rules allow) and not to read deeper than the "black letter law" of the rule.
1. Yes if the Italian "won" the first scenario then they are treated as an Italian unit or weapon per SSR 1 of S48.
2. If the Americans "win" then all Italian pieces are removed per SSR
3. If Americans "win" then all Italian pieces are removed per SSR. If the Italian "wins" then all Italian pieces remain in place. Americans are allowed to "re-setup" with the restrictions per the SSR.
4.Yes per the SSR units start in Good Order per SSR and status markers are removed.
I hope you enjoy the scenario! Sorry it took me a day or two to get to this.