Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Silberman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
File under amusing and pointless speculation:

I am hypothesizing that one of the remaining Dominion expansions will be subtitled "Chivalry" and feature some cards with the following appealing but unused so far possibilities:

Knight
Page
Barracks, Armory, etc.
Damsel
Coat of Arms
Standard Bearer
King, Queen
Commander
Champion

Possible evidence against:
Existence already of Tournament, Princess, Duke, Duchess, etc.
Relatively few thematic possibilities for buildings/rooms in the "Chivalry" theme compared to people/roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as the theme...triangulate this...

donaldx wrote:
Walled Village: This is an outtake from the 7th expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
As far as the theme...triangulate this...

donaldx wrote:
Walled Village: This is an outtake from the 7th expansion.

Of course, it wasn't called Walled Village then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The word "triangulating" in the topic title implies that you actually plan on giving some argument in favor of your proposition.

Anyhow, look at the names of the previous expansions. Did anyone predict Hinterlands? Cornucopia? Alchemy, given the usual flavor of Dominion? I think you're unlikely to stumble upon the next expansion's name by randomly guessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
salty53 wrote:
Did anyone expect Hinterlands? Cornucopia? Alchemy, given the usual flavor of Dominion?

Dominion: Inquisition

Nobody expects it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
The word "triangulating" in the topic title implies that you actually plan on giving some argument in favor of your proposition.

Anyhow, look at the names of the previous expansions. Did anyone predict Hinterlands? Cornucopia? Alchemy, given the usual flavor of Dominion? I think you're unlikely to stumble upon the next expansion's name by randomly guessing.

That depends on how many random guesses you make. I think it'll have one of these names:
*I was going to put a list of about 58,000 English words here, but decided not to due the fact it was very long even in size 1 font.*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Silberman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:

I was going to, really, but It was late at night and I was typing on my iPad so the somewhat more coherent argument I had in my head didn't make it onto the page. And now I can't remember exactly what it was.

Random guessing, though, now there's a thought. All the expansion names are nouns at least seven letters long (in English anyway), so if we take a list of common English words and chop it down on that basis we might have the space of possible names.

Using a highly technical technique I have determined that the most likely titles for the remaining Dominion expansions are:

Dominion: Morphotropy
Dominion: Clothesline
Dominion: Devilkin
Dominion: Otherworldliness
Dominion: Vacation

…I might need a better word list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion: Renewal plays around with mechanics that mess with the discard and trash piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Goldthorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I wouldn't be surprised by a Dominion:Guilds with a variety of crafts or Dominion:Renaissance with a variety of arts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enfynet enfynet
msg tools
mb
Triangulating...

0. Dominion - lands or domains subject to sovereignty or control. (Base)

1. Intrigue - the use of underhand plots or deceitful schemes. (Options)

2. Seaside - the land along the sea; seacoast. (Durations)

3. Alchemy - the process of transmuting a common substance, usually of little value, into a substance of great value. (Potions)

4. Prosperity - a successful, flourishing, or thriving condition, especially in financial respects; good fortune. (Money)

5. Cornucopia - an abundant, overflowing supply. (Variety)

6. Hinterlands - the land lying behind a coastal region. (When-Gain)

7. ? - ? (?)

8. ? - ? (?)

I see no apparent or discernible pattern. Just a bunch of names that loosely fit the key function of the box. What functions are left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards that are set aside indefinitely when played but take effect at a later time of that player's choosing and discarded (or trashed) at that point. Dominion: Homecoming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Zhou
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
silby wrote:

Random guessing, though, now there's a thought. All the expansion names are nouns at least seven letters long (in English anyway), so if we take a list of common English words and chop it down on that basis we might have the space of possible names.

Dominion: Dominion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enfynet enfynet
msg tools
mb
silby wrote:

Please tell me there is a Griswold card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silby wrote:
salty53 wrote:

I was going to, really, but It was late at night and I was typing on my iPad so the somewhat more coherent argument I had in my head didn't make it onto the page. And now I can't remember exactly what it was.

Using a highly technical technique I have determined that the most likely titles for the remaining Dominion expansions are:

Dominion: Morphotropy
Dominion: Clothesline
Dominion: Devilkin
Dominion: Otherworldliness

…I might need a better word list.

Dominion: Revenge
Dominion: Express!
Dominion: Legacy
Dominion: Antacid

edit: Legacy is influenced by the recent new Risk:Legacy game where the game is permanently modified each time it is played. Game components are written on and cards ripped in half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion: Villages
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion: Recursion *
Here, * is an abbreviation for Recursion *.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enfynet enfynet
msg tools
mb
Dark Ages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
enfynet wrote:
Dark Ages?

Well, when this thread was originally posted it looks like the plan was for the next expansion to be a small expansion - "Guilds" - followed by "Dark Ages". RGG just decided to swap the order and give us the final full expansion before the final small expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Byard
Australia
flag msg tools
DaveGold wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised by a Dominion:Guilds with a variety of crafts or Dominion:Renaissance with a variety of arts.

This turned out to be a pretty smart guess....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.