Subject: Port Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - Correct (replace support limits with supply limits).

2 - Correct

3 - Incorrect. Whilte it's true about the Consolidate Power order, you can always (out of any land area) muster ships into an adjacent sea. If that area has a port attached to it, ships can be mustered directly into the port, too. This is meant to avoid being completely blockaded by ships at your seas.

4 - Partially correct. A port is limited to 3 ships, in addition to any supply limits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roftie
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MyTwoCents wrote:
3 - Mustering - When the land area musters it can use its muster points to create ships in port (the only way to muster ships)

The land area can also muster ships directly into adjacent sea areas (not just the port). You can choose where to muster the ships, restricted by supply rules as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk James
msg tools
I've got a question about ports and mustering. If I have a ship in a port and no other unit in the land area (I've marched them out in a previous round).
In the Westeros phase a mustering cards comes up. Am I still aloud to muster a unit form the land area?

With other words, does a ship in a port grants control over the land area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a FAQ about it in the 1st edition.
Generally, if you didn't establish control when you left the area (which allows you to muster freely), your ship is lost immediately when marcing out of the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk James
msg tools
By establishing control (=placing a power token), I'm allowed to muster?
I thought you had to had units in the area.

Ok thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vaaco wrote:
By establishing control (=placing a power token), I'm allowed to muster?
I thought you had to had units in the area.

Ok thx!

Establishing control of an area means you control the area for whatever purposes - Mustering, Supply, Game of Thrones.
For these, it is the same as having units in the area.

The things that aren't possible are placing orders and starting a battle (so if someone enters an area with only a token the token is removed and there's no battle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georgios P.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It won't be easy. But it can be done.
mbmbmbmbmb
MyTwoCents wrote:

4 - sorry, are you saying you are allowed an extra 'army' (i.e. Fleet) of up to 3 ships in each port you control in addition to the armies your supply points usually allow you, and they don't count against supply until they leave port? I could see this working - unmanned ships don't need supplying, and you can lose them without a fight, if it wasn't for the fact that ships in port can act as support to battles in adjacent sea areas

No, I think he was trying to say that the three ship limit per port is in addition to regular supply limits as per the supply track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Dizzy wrote:
MyTwoCents wrote:

4 - sorry, are you saying you are allowed an extra 'army' (i.e. Fleet) of up to 3 ships in each port you control in addition to the armies your supply points usually allow you, and they don't count against supply until they leave port? I could see this working - unmanned ships don't need supplying, and you can lose them without a fight, if it wasn't for the fact that ships in port can act as support to battles in adjacent sea areas

No, I think he was trying to say that the three ship limit per port is in addition to regular supply limits as per the supply track.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
It is considered an army as all other armies, but has another limitation of up to 3 ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For #1, do you still have ownership of the port if you don't have any ships in the port but you control the adjacent land area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sstrunks5555 wrote:
For #1, do you still have ownership of the port if you don't have any ships in the port but you control the adjacent land area?

Technically, yes, but it doesn't matter.
Ownership of a port matters only for receiving power tokens, which you can't receive anyway without a ship in port.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.