Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just putting this up for clarification.

Situation:

It is the Allied Winter 1939 turn. The second turn of an Allied double move. Axis move second in Winter 39.

France spends 5 BRPs to roll on the Intelligence Table.

Italy has 52 BRPs. If Italy spends 5 BRPs on counter-intelligence, that means she has spent 5 of her 37 BRP per-turn spending limit, yes?

The above is the way I have always played it.

However, on looking at section 11, I see the following wording.

11.1 This figure (i.e. half of each nations post-SW construction BRP total) is the maximum amount of BRPs that the nation may spend during any one player turn in the forthcoming year.

If the way I have always played it is correct, shouldn't the underlined section above refer to "game turn" rather than "player turn"? (I'm mindful of the EXAMPLE in section 11 that seems to indicate the spending limit is per turn.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 33.51 states: " A nation could not make this expenditure if it had already spent its BRP limit for the current game turn, or is closer than five to the limit". It also states that counter intelligence is the only time you can expend BRPs outside of your turn.

Therefore the per turn spending limit is really for the whole turn, with this one out of player-turn exception dealt with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agree completely with Patrick. Counter-intel is the one 'exception' whereby you can spend BRP's during your opponents' turn. Thus the 'general rule' speaks as though spending is only done during one's own player turn, and the 'exception' is covered in the section on intel. Bottom line, it counts towards spending limit, although it is 'carried forward' or 'deferred' (depending on turn order) to one's own player turn even though it is spent during the opponent's player turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.