Subject: Worth buying this before it goes OOP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed lately that stock of this game seems to be dwindling everywhere. I'd hate to decide two years from now that I really want it only to find it's selling for $100+.

I've been on the fence since this expansion first came out. While I enjoy the first game, I have to admit that it's a bit rough around the edges.

Does this really add much to the game or should I just stick with what I've got?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wenzel
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cryptmaster is actually a lot better then the original tomb. There are still confusing cards that aren't clear. You still have to debate with your friends how to play things, but you get twice as much of everything.

Plus two more dungeons and the larger one has events in each one after you clear them.

Cryptmaster also introduced the Cyrptmaster card which is a card to mess with parties while they enter crypts in the dungeon. This is only good if your group likes to mess with each other. Some of mine friends never play them unless they get pissed.

One of my gaming groups Tomb is the only thing they want to play! Cryptmaster added so much to the variety that we still haven't seen all the cards after an year of so of playing. we decided to put played cards in a ziplock bag so we get to see the entire deck.

Don't forget there is still talk about a third Tomb, but it has been delayed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Cryptmaster added so much to the variety that we still haven't seen all the cards after an year of so of playing."

I'm sold, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.