Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I looked at Memoir 44 after being attracted by it simplistic gameplay but I think its gameplay maybe be a little too basic for my taste. I was just wondering whether this was the game I'm after, simple rules. but with more options and tactics. (??)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Barton
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a step up in game play. The rules are still simple. Game play just more complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ajbartman wrote:
Yes, a step up in game play. The rules are still simple. Game play just more complex.

To add to Allen's comment, SMG allows for more strategy and more flexibility of movement and firing. Plus, you decide on the forces you will use provided you have enough figures for a selection pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like gameplay with a strong thematic element you are going to enjoy SMG.

If you enjoyed reading GI Combat comics when you were a kid then you will enjoy SMG.

If you enjoy games with a number of excruciating action/role/move choices but broken down into small discreet chunks, you will enjoy SMG.

If you like the visul appeal of painted miniatures but do not have the time/skill to paint your own then you will enjoy SMG.

If you enjoy any type of role playing aspect in your games you will enjoy SMG.

On the other hand.

If you are on a tight gaming budget you will probably not enjoy SMG.

If you want to understand the ballistic and sustained rate of fire differences between the Browning .30 caliber machine gun and the MG42 you will not enjoy SMG. (I am not suggesting that those difference are not modeled but if they are the modeling is hidden in the underlying system and therefore you will not be consciously processing that data).

If you want to play with model tanks you will not enjoy SMG (at least at this point in time).

Hopefully thay helps you in your decision making process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all helping very much, thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.