Small World Underground» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stonehedge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
uXs The Sane
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I don't understand this one at all. Does the power you draw for it replace the power you already have? Or do you get it extra? Or can you choose between them whenever you want? It says it's 'optional'. What does than mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
You get it as an extra power, in addition to your normal power.

Optional, means that you don't have to use the power, you can choose not to use it. So if Stonehedge's power is Muddy (giving you +1 VP for each Mudpool region), you do not have to take those extra points, unless you really want them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Don
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
You get it as an extra power, in addition to your normal power.

Optional, means that you don't have to use the power, you can choose not to use it. So if Stonehedge's power is Muddy (giving you +1 VP for each Mudpool region), you do not have to take those extra points, unless you really want them.

Does player who controls Stonehedge with Muddy power and has race in decline on muddy region score one point extra for this region (normally muddy ability is on when race is in decline)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
willydon wrote:

Does player who controls Stonehedge with Muddy power and has race in decline on muddy region score one point extra for this region (normally muddy ability is on when race is in decline)?

It's a little unclear what you're asking so I'll give an example.
A player has 2 races Race A and Race D.

Race A is currently active and race D is in decline.

If Race A has Stonehenge (with Muddy) than all of race A's mud regions are worth 1 extra bonus point however he get no extra bonus points for any mud regions that race D controls.

Upon declining race A he will still get 1 extra bonus point for ever region Race A has as long as race A continues to control the region with Stonehenge. However the new race he picks does not get the Muddy bonus unless he conquers Stonehenge with the new race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Don
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:

It's a little unclear what you're asking so I'll give an example.
A player has 2 races Race A and Race D.

Race A is currently active and race D is in decline.

If Race A has Stonehenge (with Muddy) than all of race A's mud regions are worth 1 extra bonus point however he get no extra bonus points for any mud regions that race D controls.

Upon declining race A he will still get 1 extra bonus point for ever region Race A has as long as race A continues to control the region with Stonehenge. However the new race he picks does not get the Muddy bonus unless he conquers Stonehenge with the new race.

That was exactly my concern. Thanks a lot for this answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Klida
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
allstar64 wrote:

I'm not so sure this is the case. Seeing as how the rules specifically state that Relics and Places cannot be used by races in decline, it would seem to me that once your race on Stonehedge goes into decline it loses the bonus power associated with Stonehedge. The rules do lay out some exceptions, the powers specific to being in decline, though, so since the Muddy power doesn't allow in decline races to collect extra victory coins, your race in decline on Stonehedge shouldn't either. That's my interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
KKCryptic wrote:
allstar64 wrote:

I'm not so sure this is the case. Seeing as how the rules specifically state that Relics and Places cannot be used by races in decline, it would seem to me that once your race on Stonehedge goes into decline it loses the bonus power associated with Stonehedge. The rules do lay out some exceptions, the powers specific to being in decline, though, so since the Muddy power doesn't allow in decline races to collect extra victory coins, your race in decline on Stonehedge shouldn't either. That's my interpretation.

But the muddy power does specifically allow your in decline race to collect points for muddy regions:

Quote:
Muddy
Collect 1 bonus Victory coin for each Muddy Region you occupy at turn's end, even when In Decline.

I'll agree that the Stonehedge rules are a bit weak concerning in decline powers:

Quote:
Furthermore, if the Special Power associated with the Stonehedge is a Power that has an effect on In Decline Troops (Reborn, Wise), the player only gets to use the Stonehedge's power once his Troops are In Decline.

So one could argue that the muddy power would only work once in decline, but that seems silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.