Jim Harmon
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ellison is discontinuing their smallest die cutter, the allstar. It only uses dies made for it but there's some very useful ones for game making, 1 inch circles (9 up), 1 in squares (9 up), 1.5 inch squares (6 up), 2 in side hex (1 up), 1 in side hex (4 up). There are a lot of others, most are $20 but some are on closeout for $5. They are also offering free shipping right now so it is even better. I bought one of these over christmas and in my opinion it is totally worth the money. I made templates I can use to print two sheets and spray glue to both side of thick chipboard, align it and cut perfectly. Very happy with the end result and they look as good as any mass produced game. If any one has been wanting to get an inexpensive die cutter you might want to check this out:

[geekurl=http://www.ellisoneducation.com/product/A10000/ellison-allstar-machine][/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 inch circles (9 up),
1 in squares (9 up),
1.5 inch squares (6 up),
1 in side hex (4 up).

I couldn't find these. Are they gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably.

Was just looking at the Prestige Pro as an alternative to my current roll model, or whatever they call it.

Press is. Better than roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Harmon
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

They are all still there I just checked, here is the link to all the allstar dies:

[geekurl=http://www.ellisoneducation.com/catalog#facets=machine_compatibility~allstar&page=2&per_page=96][/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Marshall
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone found a 1/2" square die? The smallest I saw was the 3/4" bingo markers.

Also FYI, while the coupon code allows for free shipping, there is still a $5.00 shipping and handling surcharge added at checkout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Harmon
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardHMarshall wrote:
Anyone found a 1/2" square die? The smallest I saw was the 3/4" bingo markers.

Make sure you are looking at the right dies, I'm pretty sure all the bingo dies are surecut dies that will not work in the allstar.

Quote:

Also FYI, while the coupon code allows for free shipping, there is still a $5.00 shipping and handling surcharge added at checkout.

Hmm, I purchased some earlier today using the code and there was no shipping or handling charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darn, I still haven't been able to find the 3/4" circles. Must have them.
found a few $20 ones not on sale that I might as well get if I'm going to have the machine. In for a dime, in for a dollar.

circles, squares, hexagons, pentagons, beans, hearts, and puzzle pieces.
hell of a deal.

When my daughter was a teacher I used to go to her school and use the BIG machine with a whole wall of dies. In the old days, there were scrapbook stores that would let you use them for free if you bought your paper from them, but most of them have gone out of business. Archiver's have survived if you're lucky enough to have one near you. Don't think they have any west of Denver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.