United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

I've just managed to get my german first edition of this to the table after acquiring it over Christmas, only to find the z-man English rules I was planning on using mention a type of card that doesn't seem to be present in the German version.

The 'forecast' cards don't seem to be listed in the contents, nor in the box. Unfortunately, thats about the limit of my german linguistic skills, so can someone explain how the german version is played- and any other differences I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Ted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The alea version has 9 bonuscards - "Konjunkturkarten". Before you start a game, shuffle those 9 cards and place 3 back in the box. At the end of every round, you'll turn over 1 bonuscard. If you reveal one with a bonus, players get that bonus. For example:

3 + 4 card: every player will get an extra 1.000 bonus for every 3 and 4 card (s)he has build.

There are cards with 3, 3+4, 4, 5, 5+6, 6 and three cards with no bonus.

See right on this pic:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Alea (German) edition. It includes a set of cards that provide extra income each round.

These cards were later removed from recent editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
As the above already mentioned, it is the new edition which is missing cards, not the Alea edition. The board and bits of the new edition may be better constructed, but I prefer to play my Alea #2!

Look in the files section and you'll find both English rules and translated cards for the Alea edition, and also the missing 9 turn cards for the new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a fix somewhere that if you want to use these bonus cards just take a deck of playing cards and pull out enough cards to cover the bonus cards and assign each one a bonus or lack of bonus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, great - thanks for the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.