Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #3 – The Austrian Army» Forums » General

Subject: Where's Austerlitz? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Doupe
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see Austerlitz listed in the scenarios for the Austrian Army expansion, or the Russian Army expansion. Seems a strange omission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may, I created a Vassal scenario waiting for an official Austerlitz.
See here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/731407/austerlitz-final
GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Webber
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
assumed that Austerlitz would be an epic sized scenario. (or perhaps more than one epic sized scenario)

I am waiting to hear more about Epic C&C Nap.

Give us news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nemo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I know the rule book mentions a "La Grande battile" expansion, so there's that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the C & C games only include scenarios you can play with what is in the core set box plus the expansion box you have in hand (even though most of us buy them all). So yes, I'd expect coalition battles to be in Grand Bataille mode. As there were plenty of them, it will sell especially well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Daquin
Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, disappointed there is no Austerlitz scenario, even a small section (e.g. aisle under Davout).

It's not like Austerlitz was a major Napoleonic battle, is it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a bit surprised not to see any Austerlitz sceanrios included aswell. I mean they did other large battles like Borodino where they made many sceanrios from the battle, which could also be done with Austerlitz. Though I don't know why this wasn't asked in the Russian expansion thread since the Russians made up the main part of the Army at Austerlitz. Anyway maybe it is going to be given the Epic treatment where the Russians and Austrians can be put throughout the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, seems a bit of a gyp.

I get they are going to save the attempts at the whole battle (or even large sections) for an expansion focusing on multi-national battles, but it would seem both this and the Russian expansion could have had one or two Austerlitz scenarios focusing on smaller actions using just the Austrians (or just the Russians).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.