Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I know, heaps of shame and scorn be upon me. I deserve it. Somehow in the hubub of the holiday season I lost a blue interceptor.

Is there any place I can go to buy replacement parts for Eclipse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
so...umm...like i dunno. have you tried emailing the publisher/distributor?

seriously, though. contact asmodee and ask for a replacement. stefan and the team there are pretty good getting replacement parts out while they have them available.

also, taking a quick glance through the existing threads yields this nugget:

Who to contact in order to request replacement/spare parts

edit: changed link description to aid those looking for parts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to OP for admitting he lost the piece.

You could probably get by without a replacement just fine. Simply only use blue when playing with six players, and IF the blue player really wants to build all their interceptors, use a blue cube (the highest cube in a column that is not empty).

Personally, I don't think publishers should be responsible for replacing lost pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

Personally, I don't think publishers should be responsible for replacing lost pieces.
Agreed. Though he was asking if he could buy a (set of) replacement(s). You might be able to, not from the publisher but from the manufacturer that owns the ship sculpts.

If not, I'd say this is the perfect excuse for you to go out and buy some custom miniatures for the game as so many players have already done. Just don't lose those as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Kudos to OP for admitting he lost the piece.

I agree... and kind of feel a little awkward even asking the publisher for a replacement. I'd prefer to pay for my mistake and not ask someone else to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would contact the publisher anyway to see if they know where you can get the piece. Maybe they'll give you the info, maybe they'll just give you a piece. Either way, you pretty much need to go through the publisher to get one, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

I agree with that, but certainly would be good business from their part. Happy costumers have the tendency to come back and advertise your products, when a company goes beyond the call of duty and offer this sort of service it tends to stick on the costumer's mind. Don't know if it can be very profitable to offer replacement packs for sale, but I think it may be a small source of profit and a big source of mouth to mouth advertisement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
Though he was asking if he could buy a (set of) replacement(s).

Appologies. Missed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
As they are the exact same ships as found in Eminent Domain, I assume there is some general supplier you can buy them from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
As they are the exact same ships as found in Eminent Domain, I assume there is some general supplier you can buy them from.

Nope. It's the factory who manufactures the games who makes these ships. And the rights to the molds are owned by the designers of Galactic Emperor (the game these ships were originally designed for). So Crosscut games might actually be the best place to ask if you're looking to purchase some extras..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
In the few games I've played so far we never got to build all our ships (which would require between 5 and 9 Build actions with no ship losses in between depending on Race and Techs, a pretty large number in my opinion).

You could probably carry on playing as normal and if you ever did run into a situation where that missing ship was required, substitute something else (I'm sure lots of plastic items around the house could be used at a push).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
NappyPlayer wrote:
In the few games I've played so far we never got to build all our ships (which would require between 5 and 9 Build actions with no ship losses in between depending on Race and Techs, a pretty large number in my opinion)

4 build actions and 24 materials (21 if you allow the initial ship) to have 8 interceptors. Not that difficult. I've only played twice and I had 7 interceptors last game, since the early ancient ship parts went on my inty to help beat ancients early. I could definitely see having all 8 in a more warlike game where you similarly advanced your inty with ancient techs.

There are SO many pieces to this game, they might benefit from selling extra parts in some fashion. I'm surprised they didn't even include ONE blank wood cube, or 1 extra of each, since all 198 cubes are required to play properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two damaged hexes (they came that way) and am not sure who I should be contacting. The only contact information on my box is info@lautapelit.fi (who I e-mailed but haven't heard back from, though I suspect this could be holiday related), but others are saying to contact Asmodee who doesn't appear anywhere on my box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seqiro wrote:
I have two damaged hexes (they came that way) and am not sure who I should be contacting. The only contact information on my box is info@lautapelit.fi (who I e-mailed but haven't heard back from, though I suspect this could be holiday related), but others are saying to contact Asmodee who doesn't appear anywhere on my box.
Try the internet! http://us.asmodee.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
Jotora wrote:
seqiro wrote:

or maybe even the thread linked in the first response to the OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nunyabisnas wrote:
Jotora wrote:
seqiro wrote:

or maybe even the thread linked in the first response to the OP

Sigh.. I even clicked on that link and somehow missed it. Thanks. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to say that I contacted Asmodee and they are sending me a new piece. They are not charging for it. I kind of hoped they would because I do feel guilty about this (and I would have liked to buy a few more backup pieces... just in case) but I understand it's probably not worth the bookkeeping to do so.

My only recourse is to pay them back by posting here about their excellent customer service. They had no obligation to correct my mistake but they did, ignoring my requests to pay for it.

In any case, Bravo Asmodee, and thank you folks for pointing me in the right direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
djc6535 wrote:
I just wanted to say that I contacted Asmodee and they are sending me a new piece. They are not charging for it. I kind of hoped they would because I do feel guilty about this (and I would have liked to buy a few more backup pieces... just in case) but I understand it's probably not worth the bookkeeping to do so.

My only recourse is to pay them back by posting here about their excellent customer service. They had no obligation to correct my mistake but they did, ignoring my requests to pay for it.

In any case, Bravo Asmodee, and thank you folks for pointing me in the right direction.

Asmodee is super quick and excellent with their customer service. I doubt you could've purchased more pieces as the last I heard, they only had one eclipse box available for spare parts for this whole print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, to 'Pay it Back' My box came with 4 extra red discs. I have enough to fill the entire track, and still have 7 (not 3) left over.

If anybody is missing red discs, I will mail you some free of charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.