3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Is it worth buying from Arcane Miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tash
England
flag msg tools
I've been considering purchasing an item from Arcane Miniatures, but have heard that there have been some problem with them.
Has anyone experienced any problems and what has the customer service been like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy lowe
msg tools
NO!

I live in a land far, far away with trolls under the customs bridges, trolls under the postal bridges and ..well, trolls, that will nick a package out of your letter-box.
So to get our Mini's here, my friends 'n I rely on transport 'mules', rather like those nice chaps from South America. This time round I ordered from ... (big list) ... EuroBitz,
GW, ForgeWorld, Raging Heroes, HassleFree, Wayland, Heresy, Statuesque, eBay UK, eBay USA, Victoria Minis, World Works, Lead Adventures ... and Arcane Minis.
Quite a list, and with only 5 weeks till my friend departed the UK to brings me 'n my pals our new goodies - a little "deadline-nerve-wrackin'."
Some things were delayed - Raging Heroes had a hold up on their new sculpts at the foundry for example. But they kept me in constant contact and, when things got tight - paid for express delivery free of charge. Great service! Others, for example Statuesque, were so quick I ended up putting in a couple more orders for friends. Great service!
Arcane Minis were the 1st company I ordered from ... weeks ago. I now have all my other minis (V V V cool - esp the RH and Statuesque ironically) but from Arcane not one word.
During the last few weeks, I emailed several times, I called several times, and got no response. An automated 'we're busy' would have been something but really nothing - no reply.
Maybe there is an industry out there where this level of customer un-service goes unnoticed but this in no longer it - everyone else is tight, professional and on the ball.
If you are thinking of ordering from Arcane Minis - my only advice is DON'T - leave the money in YOUR bank for the next few months instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cheng
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Don't order anything from Arcane Miniatures. I ordered items worth £235, but never get anything from them. I wrote email to them. They response that they will resend the package. But, that never happened. I kept sending them emails to ask them to fulfil my order. Nothing. They don't bother reply anymore. This is the first time I order something from UK and never get them. I'm so sad that I lost £235 of my hard-earning money. Besides, Wayland Games & Firestorm Games are good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.