BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Willing To Trade My Copy of Shekels & Sword rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
*****This is The only known copy that I can find anything of... have it listed in the marketplace but if i can get a good trade offer i will delete it*****

Included with this game is the following:

8 of 8 wooden Pieces with names on them and the 8 extra names unpunched on the card

79 Loose Shekels and 2 unpunched cards of shekels each containing 40

30 Blue Dove Cards

20 Orange Sword Cards

40 Pink Fish Cards

20 Green Level 1 Cards
20 Green Level 2 Cards

10 Yellow Level 1 Cross Cards
10 Yellow Level 2 Cross Cards

1 Game Board
1 Box Insert with Rules on it
1 Game Box (1 corner has small rip started from wear but other corners are all intact)

*****Missing Pieces*****
1 Loose Shekels (I Think)
1 1-6 Game Spinner

Wanting
Walmart Gift Cards
Yugioh Cards(high end holos)
PS3/xbox360
other Gift Cards

Open to offers....

only other thing is I will want to send Second.... if this is a problem Im sorry but I have had problems on other sites where I have sent stuff first and received nothing in return...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post photos to the entry. That's going to help the site and your chance of selling it.

Also, uploading the rules as a file would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a joke? I don't get it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
This is not a joke..... I cannot find any info on the game outside of what I have... and I have tried uploading photos but its not showing them for some reason..... I have 4 different photos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but why is this game worth $900? Are the shekels laced in gold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Find another one?

I asked for a valuation in the valuation thread but noones helping there so I have nothing to go by as thers nothing on the internet anywhere besides what i have listed...... and dont know what to go by... not even any on ebay or anything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
cinder4024 wrote:
Find another one?

Sometimes a game is rare for a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Schulteis
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will open the bidding at a spare 9 of clubs from a standard playing card deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thechairman wrote:
I will open the bidding at a spare 9 of clubs from a standard playing card deck.
I see his 9 and raise it to a Jack of Clubs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
http://isbndb.com/d/publisher/scripture_press_publications.h...

This publisher has published several other works (books mainly), but it's probably rare because no one I know of wants to play a roll and move bible trivia game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cinder4024 wrote:
This is not a joke..... I cannot find any info on the game outside of what I have... and I have tried uploading photos but its not showing them for some reason..... I have 4 different photos

So you tried uploading them to your gallery? Try submitting the game as a new game entry, then once it's active submit your photos for review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
If I had a better valuation of the game I could price it better.... all I know is its rare and if there are not many out there its gotta be worth something right?? Maybe not $900 but something I'm sure of it and if someones interested I'm open to offers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Mongiardo
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps given your handle your counting matches the movie?

er...3....

right....3....

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cinder4024 wrote:
If I had a better valuation of the game I could price it better.... all I know is its rare and if there are not many out there its gotta be worth something right?? Maybe not $900 but something I'm sure of it and if someones interested I'm open to offers
Some of the rarer games that are hard to get are Antiquity, Roads and Boats, and Space Hulk. All 3 are running between 170-250 depending on condition. The difference with your games and those is, not only are they hard to get, but they are also HIGHLY sought after. Unless it is some sort of major historical importance, it is probably not worth much. Most of the people on this site are only out to buy games that are playable -or- "grail" games that are the type of game that are generally commonly accepted as the type of game that is good enough that it is worth the hefty price tag to get the rare item.

I'm not saying your game is worthless, just based on that general criteria, it probably is. Or at least not worth more than a small trade. But no shame in that, just also not 900 dollars in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
cinder4024 wrote:

The only comment I've seen about the game is that someone found a copy in a thrift store and bought it for $2. It was missing the board, so I am guessing with the board, that would double the price. So $4.

There you go. A valuation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that some folks are kinda poking fun, but there's truth in what they're saying.

There are some excellent games on this site which were of low production, and out of print, which don't go that high.

My grail game, Vikingatid, is one of them. I can only find a copy in Sweden for sale for $400-600. I recently saw one on eBay go for around $240.

I've been searching for the game for several years. I just couldn't pull the trigger on that game in this economy.

What I am trying to say that it is unlikely to go for over $100 even if it is the only copy on earth still around. I've had single copies of OOP games in my collection before. Unless it's a really great game with either broad or specific appeal you're not going to sell it for much over $25.

This game does have some hope for finding a buyer if it is indeed that rare, and if someone like me exists who has been searching for it for a few years. There is always that possibility. But the only way you'll know is to put it on eBay.

This site is for serious gamers who tend to loathe roll-and-move games like Monopoly, or trivia games, and quite often Bible-themed games. We're not the most spiritual bunch as a whole.

So you're asking the wrong crowd. You'll get derision with a side of snark from most of us. You have to find a collector of that game, or someone who wants to buy an antique. You could try putting it up for sale at a local antiques consignment store. I've done that before... and they've started with a high price and dropped it by a percentage each month for a few months until either it sold or the consignment period ended. If it doesn't sell you pick it up, simple as that.

But again, this is really not a place to try sell that game, and certainly not for that price. There might be someone who has 2000 games who might want to be the sole owner, but since we know that's not the case (the thrift store find proves that) there's likely not going to be anyone willing to pay much for it.

I'd value it at $2-20 for that reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.