Popular Tags: [View All]
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Heinz Guderian: Play before one Axis attack at 3-2 or better
odds is rolled. Its result is automatically a DR.

I can understand the rationale that this applies only when the armor bonus is used, but the DR seems to be a little light as a result.

(2) Summer Campaign: Play in your Discard Phase, in Clear weather
only, to draw three cards.

So does this mean that you will draw your normal four cards plus an additional three (i.e., a hand of 7) or will you discard down to 2 including the summer campaign, thereby picking up four plus 3 minus the one now used for a summer campaign (i.e. a hand of 6)?

(3) Production Problems: Play anytime to cancel one just performed
Soviet unit Improvement or Replacement.

If the Soviet used two cards to replace a surrendered unit, does this use negate both cards or compel the Soviet to use a third card for the replacement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I don't find a "SURE" DR a little light at all. In the first edition of the game you needed a 2:1 attacks on the card.

2) Both ways are allowed.

3) It negates both cards (ouch!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
evanbrooks wrote:
(1) Heinz Guderian: Play before one Axis attack at 3-2 or better
odds is rolled. Its result is automatically a DR.

I can understand the rationale that this applies only when the armor bonus is used, but the DR seems to be a little light as a result.

Sure it might seem weak, but if you already have the units surrounded, or are counter-attacking with Heinz on the Soviet turn it can pretty devastating. The latter can allow for a 1-2 Punch (moving then attacking on your own turn) that can suddenly take a few cities the Russians were not expecting you to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
1) I don't find a "SURE" DR a little light at all. In the first edition of the game you needed a 2:1 attacks on the card.

2) Both ways are allowed.

3) It negates both cards (ouch!).

Carl: I find the Summer Campaign question above confusing.

"(2) Summer Campaign: Play in your Discard Phase, in Clear weather
only, to draw three cards.

So does this mean that you will draw your normal four cards plus an additional three (i.e., a hand of 7) or will you discard down to 2 including the summer campaign, thereby picking up four plus 3 minus the one now used for a summer campaign (i.e. a hand of 6)?"

If you are down to 2 cards and draw "four plus three" (7), you have 9 cards. Then, after discarding the "Summer Campaign," you have 8. Is this possible? What did I miss?

It seems if you "play the card" when discarding down to 2, you have to to play it AND discard down to 2 OTHER cards leaving you with 2 cards other then the Summer Campaign. Then you "draw your normal 4" AND 3 more for the "summer campaign?" That's 9 cards! Help! Please clear this up. I can't follow it AT ALL. Thanks for your patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes this is correct, you get that many cards (8 or 9).

You can discard it before or after the required card discards. I fyou discard it after, you'll obviously end up with far more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.