Popular Tags: [View All]
fishhaid
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi there, Face here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time and just want a clarification. The Disruptors card from the Klingon deck says "If you successfully attack the target ship, add +5 to your Weapons Test result before determining the amount of damage done".

So you can only play one card in combat, if you play this, you get no bonus to weapons until after the success is determined and then add the bonus after that to up the damage to the target?

There's a few like that, so I want to be clear you don't get to add the bonus to your weapons total until after the attack is resolved, and you can't play this card as an after effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
cfisher wrote:
Played for the first time and just want a clarification. The Disruptors card from the Klingon deck says "If you successfully attack the target ship, add +5 to your Weapons Test result before determining the amount of damage done".

So you can only play one card in combat, if you play this, you get no bonus to weapons until after the success is determined and then add the bonus after that to up the damage to the target?

There's a few like that, so I want to be clear you don't get to add the bonus to your weapons total until after the attack is resolved, and you can't play this card as an after effect.

You are correct on all counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. I tend to use them when I already know I am likely to hit and I have a chance to do multiple levels of damage to the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.