Bruno Wolff
msg tools
Since each time through you gain better starting equipment (and presumably level ups, though that isn't explicitly stated), the campaign is going to get easier each time through. Shouldn't there be something to make each successive trip harder to balance that?
I think one possibility would be to add more tiles to the minimum needed to find the chamber entrances, but haven't play tested this yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the description before me, but I always thought you would start the following raid in the same state you left the previous one, so the characters might already be severely damaged, have lost some of their healing surges etc. which would balance things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth reprint Kickstarter Sept 29-Oct 31
badge
Gloom of Kilforth reprint Kickstarter Sept 29-Oct 31
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the treasure tokens rules. This is probably the best adventure in the book. The ashardalon campaign balance is questionable though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is true that the campaigns get easier.

I don't believe that you start wounded. The heroes should be full health, healing surges, current level (1 or 2), the boon cards earned and the gear they found.

If you do not want to use the treasure tokens (which is the best way to do this), use the monster tokens. That makes some rooms harder- and offsets the gear overload.

Or only keep one item per adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.