Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving diagonally to avoid lava rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Campbell
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know you can usually move diagonally, but what if it is a diagonal move across a corner with lava "kitty corner" to it.

- = normal tile
L = Lava
X = wall

LLLL------
----XXXXXX
----XXXXXX

There is one tile with rubble in the center with an arcade machine on it. One of the corners of the board has this scenario and the other 3 have at least one spot that avoids the lava.

It almost seems like this tile is intended to force the heroes to choose to run the long way around or take the shortcut and take lava effect (fire). Pictured above

If they can just jump over the corner though then there is no inventive to go the long way...

How does everyone play this?

-VK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaporKnight wrote:
I know you can usually move diagonally, but what if it is a diagonal move across a corner with lava "kitty corner" to it.

- = normal tile
L = Lava
X = wall

LLLL------
----XXXXXX
----XXXXXX

There is one tile with rubble in the center with an arcade machine on it. One of the corners of the board has this scenario and the other 3 have at least one spot that avoids the lava.

It almost seems like this tile is intended to force the heroes to choose to run the long way around or take the shortcut and take lava effect (fire). Pictured above

If they can just jump over the corner though then there is no inventive to go the long way...

How does everyone play this?

-VK

Hey VK,

Totally know what you mean about the whole "making them go the long way" idea, but the way the the movement mechanics are currently for the game, its a perfectly legal move to just jump across diagonally like that.

There are a lot of spots actually where it looks like the lava should block paths on the tiles, but I think they are just there to make things more complicated vs. actual cutoff areas. They actually do work well though as a nuisance when you get hordes of monsters around those areas (more so for the Consul actually) and dont even get me started about trying to move the fat Rex model around w/o setting him on fire -_-.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually don't move diagonally through those corners that are "united" by the lava, on the others I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Dietrich
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
Placing just one more lava square would have cut off that route, so my guess would be that this arrangement is supposed to help the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.