Subject: Investigators Who Gain Extra Rewards (Bob, Dexter, Monty) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter Drake's ability says that whenever he gains one or more Spells after setup, he gains an extra one.

Transported by Magic Adventure has success reward: Spell, Spell, Gate

Is Dexter's reward 1+1 Spell, 1+1 Spell, Gate or 3 Spells, Gate? Similar situation can happen with Bob + Vermin in the Pipes (Clue, Common, Common) and Monty + Hallway on Fire and The Archives (both have Unique, Unique reward).

Are Dexter's spell gains different in Forgotten Knowledge (Spell, Common, Spell) in comparison to Transported by Magic? Given the reward order, I'm thinking he doesn't gain the same amount of spells from these two Adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Dexter Drake's ability says that whenever he gains one or more Spells after setup, he gains an extra one.

so if he completes a task, no matter how many spells he gains, as long as it is at least one or more, he still only gains an extra one

at least thats how I am reading it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Dam the Man wrote:

Transported by Magic Adventure has success reward: Spell, Spell, Gate

Is Dexter's reward 1+1 Spell, 1+1 Spell, Gate or 3 Spells, Gate? Similar situation can happen with Bob + Vermin in the Pipes (Clue, Common, Common) and Monty + Hallway on Fire and The Archives (both have Unique, Unique reward).

Are Dexter's spell gains different in Forgotten Knowledge (Spell, Common, Spell) in comparison to Transported by Magic? Given the reward order, I'm thinking he doesn't gain the same amount of spells from these two Adventures.

I see your logic but I would have to say that for me the order of the Rewards are just for show and are not meant to be taken literally.

Looking at the rules, we have the following that could be used to support this interpretation.

Page 7, Completing a Task
1. Receive the rewards listed on the bottom of the card

Page 8, Rewards and Penalties
When a player successfully resolves an Adventure card, he
receives the rewards shown in the lower right green area of
the card.

I think this suggest that the Rewards are received as a block, not item by item. The FAQ suggests this under another question.
Quote:
Doom

If the last Doom Token and the last Elder Sign are added
at the same time, what happens?

The investigators win just as the Ancient One is about
to awaken.

It appears that Elder Signs and Doom icons are taken as a block in this situation, the order or sequence doesn't matter (take a look at Great Hall of Celeano for example).

In the examples you list, I would say that Dexter receives 1 additional Spell in each case. The Rewards for completing Transported by Magic or Forgotten Knowledge would be 3 Spells in both cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.