Popular Tags: [View All]
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you're jumping on the case...

removing another character from the scene of the crime.

some questions in regards to this...:
-you can jump on the case from anywhere on the map to the scene?
-where does the character you replace go?

-i haven't personally played this, but i own the game and i'm trying to decipher some rules before i can try tackling this game with my friends...
What is some motive for players to go to the scene of the crime? if someone can easily jump to your location, removing you from it??

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumping on a case means you'll remove another player's token on the murder scene and putting one of your own there, effectively making you the first player.

Although being the first player isn't always something good.

That said, for you to make your action you have to go to the crime scene (it does not involve players getting to jump around the board).

You can check the entire rule here:

Rulebook page 14 wrote:
Get a Jump on the Case (1 Time)
If a player’s detective is in the same location as the scene of the crime marker, he may pay 1 Time to get a jump on the other detectives on the case. To do so, he removes the hero marker that is currently on the scene of the crime marker and replaces it with one of his own. If his hero marker is still in place at the end of the phase, he then becomes the new first player, as described in “Changing the First Player” on page 15.

I added the underlines for emphasis on what this action actually does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OHHHH kay..

from reading it before...
i thought it mean there's an actual "scene of the crime"

So basically.
you use 1 time to make yourself the starting player next day = jumping on the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:
OHHHH kay..

from reading it before...
i thought it mean there's an actual "scene of the crime"

So basically.
you use 1 time to make yourself the starting player next day = jumping on the case?

There is a scene of crime (it's where the crime scene marker is placed at the beginning of the game). Each murder sheet has the location where the crime scene marker is put. Only in that specific location can you spend 1 time to become the first player (and yes, that action is what is called getting a jump on the case).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that the Errata & FAQ add a new twist to the rule: when you are on the crime scene location, you can make any player the first player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
Please note that the Errata & FAQ add a new twist to the rule: when you are on the crime scene location, you can make any player the first player.

This actually makes the game playable for two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.