The Habit of Victory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Davout and Soult Entry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hennessey

Forest Hills
New York
msg tools
Am setting up the Full Campaign Game (starting with Dec 6 turn) for the first time. Page 28 of the Exclusive Rules lists Lannes (leader) in Warsaw and on the line below that it reads "Lannes unit". It repeats that format (leader/unit on separate lines) for Augereau, Becker, etc.

But not Davout. He (the leader) is in hex 3049 with the Friant infantry unit. But the infantry unit Davout is not listed. And I dont see him on the Reinforcement chart anywhere. I cant find anything in the errata or notes for this. Does the Davout infantry unit start with the Davout leader or is it a reinforcement? If it is a reinforcement, when does it arrive? And what is its initial strength?

Same with Soult: the leader Soult is on the reinforcement track for turn 4, but there is no mention of the Soult infantry unit.

Thanks for your help.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their units can be formed from those substitute units (Excl rule 19) during the Command Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
Their units can be formed from those substitute units (Excl rule 19) during the Command Phase.

Mike

I got your email, but I was not near my copy until today. I see that Edgar has already answered your question. note Battle scenario 3 uses the consolidated corps, but several corps, e.g., the IIIrd corps often start off a scenario with their constituent divisions spread out.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hennessey

Forest Hills
New York
msg tools
Thanks for the help Edgar.

Mark, I did not figure on getting a response to my e-mail over New Year's weekend, so no worries. I should have posted my questions on the forum in the first place so other gamers could see the Q &A.

Cheers,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.