Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if anyone out there ever chooses the Magic Longsword over the Saber of Wounding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big plus to hit on magic longsword vs a chance at extra damage, I prefer magic longsword myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never used it thinking it was always inferior but I'm starting to think differently cause of the same reasons you just named.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Longsword is my no one choice for Artemis. To me, the tricky thing is often to decide whether to gamble for the healing at +6 (Vampiric Dagger) or go for the safer kill at +10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vamp dagger all the way. Healing that HP has saved his ass numerous times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I always love using the vampiric dagger as well but I never used the magic longsword with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually decide by the monster's AC and game situation. If I find myself adjacent to a Ghoul (and immobilized), a tough monster on its last hit point or a monster that will attack multiple heroes, I won't risk a lesser attack bonus for potential healing - the potential damage outweighs the potential healing in this case.

Any monster with AC 14 or less is generally a victim to Artemis' dagger. The two exceptions would be a troll on its last HP or a blazing skeleton on its last HP that is about to torch more than just the assassin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Swanson
United States
flag msg tools
I agree... However most of my rolls are in the 2-7 range, so I prefer the magic sword unless we are in a pretty safe situation with some life loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.