Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing through my second solo of the starter scenario, but using random green tile placement.

In the event that I kill a monster in a monster den and get to roll for a reward of mana crystals, what shall I do if I roll a color that I already have three mana crystals?

I didn't see a clear indication in the rulebook, but rather than lose the reward, it would seem more in the spirit of the game to either:
1. Reroll that die
2. Give +1 fame (as if you rolled black)
3. Choose a color crystal to replace it
4. Allow player to hold crystals above the maximum for this instance

What do you all do? (I'd vote on the reroll until a valid roll occurs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that whenever a player gains a 4th crystal it immediately becomes a mana TOKEN.

It's somewhere in the rules but I cannot point you to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you gain a mana token instead. It kind of sucks but it's a risk you create by running around with 3 mana crystals of the same type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
I believe that whenever a player gains a 4th crystal it immediately becomes a mana TOKEN.

It's somewhere in the rules but I cannot point you to it.

The "extra crystal becomes a token" rule is in the "Walkthrough" book on page 6 under "Mana". This can occur when a card play gives you a 4th Mana of one color.
However, the example from the OP concerns a combat reward. Since it's a reward from combat and it's gained only at the end of your turn, you get nothing in this case, since tokens don't last from turn to turn. This is on page 9 of the "Main" rulebook, numbers 4 and 5 under "End of the Turn".
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
In which case I would opt for either re-rolling the die or taking one fame in lieu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.