Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't played this game in almost a year, and so on New Year's Eve, having several people over to the house, (most of whom were not gamers), I decided Lifeboats was an easy choice since it didn't involve lengthy rules, complicated strategies, etc. The group consisted of myself (an American living in Canada), my Mexican significant other, his 80 year old mother, and two of my Canadian friends. As ALWAYS happens in this game, it becomes a case of "let's get the evil American"...lol... and I play up the role completely, being an aggressive talker, sweet dealing, then backstabbing the whole way. As a result I always get voted to be chucked first to the sharks. The Mexican and the Mexican Mom kept trying to save each other, which I capitalized on and talked the Canadians into throwing one of mom's sailors overboard. In the end, however, Mexican Mom ended up the winner, since she kept her head down, quiet, and sort of sailed past the other nations. This is a fun game with the right group (and as long as folks can playfully screw each other over without hurt feelings).arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.