Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I've been looking for a copy of this for quite awhile and competition on Ebay always seems quite fierce.

Does this mean that The Civil Wars should be a candidate for the P500 list?

I think so (but then I'm biased )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
especially if they re did the counters which thin.
art work is not as nice as some, and included Barbarian in it, I'd buy another copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just become interested in the GBoH series, I would say that I probably would too! If it got the 'deluxe' treatment with the expansions and some of the C3i content, I absolutely would P500 it.

I know, SPQR is the big Roman hooplah, but I'm just not that interested in the timeframe. Give me the choice between imperial and kingdom/republic Rome, and I'll take the corrupt, degenerate, downward-spiraling empire every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trauth
Australia
Pretty much everywhere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... add in Dictator, and possibly the Cirta scenario from Jugurtha) -and put me down for it as well (technically I already have a copy - but I would sign on for a Civil War Deluxe title if it added something that wouldn't get published otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
+ 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Siler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Voting yes for Deluxe with all modules, including the Sertorian War. Dictator is the only one I don't have and I can't find it for sale, but it's the one that is required the most.

Also they should go ahead and expand the game with a few more Civil Wars battles, especially Phillippi. Take the emphasis off of Caesar and put it more on the fall of the republic/civil wars, then it can dovetail with a new game covering the Empire and its many civil wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man on Fire
United States
Worthington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Games on fire
badge
Burning to play!
mbmbmbmbmb
I follow this game on Ebay and it fetches pretty high. And I also follow GMT's 500 and I am actually surprised this is not on there as a deluxe reprint. I'm waiting for 2 GBoH's reprints to make it past 500 and World at War. There all getting close to 300 and I think this should be put on the P500 soon! I hope! googoo
Good subject!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.