Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Which Asylum Cycle to get next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all (thanks for reading this),

As per an earlier thread, I have just dived headfirst into this game. I'll be getting 2 Core sets, Secrets of Arkham, Order of the Silver Twilight and the Yuggoth Contract cycle. I'll be putting in an order to grab the last Warhammer:Invasion cycle (I like to buy complete cycles at once), and would like to round the order out with a CoC cycle, but which one? Summons of the Deep attracts me simply because I love the water theme; Rituals of the Order looks good because it will get the Silver Twilight faction up to speed and than there's the Forgotten Lore set, a set I don't really understand what it is (CCG reprints?).

I'll stay away from the Dreamland Cycle until they reprint it in the new format and I'd rather wait until the Relic cycle is complete before grabbing that.

So out of the three mentioned, which should I get and why? Thanks.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say after looking through the card selection for Summons of the Deep, alot of the cards aren't really 'water' themed. Guess I'll stick with the Order pack.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't all water themed, but then again I don't think they ever claimed to be. Some of them are. The storyline for that cycle is about Julia Brown and her transformation into a Deep One and return to the underwater city of Y'ha-nthlei. But (and this is true of all the cycles) that doesn't mean every card is directly related to that storyline, just some of them.

It's still a good set to get eventually. Also, the Relics cycle will be complete in about 3 weeks so you can start planning for that one. The new Revelations cycle will be starting after that. I'm expecting that sometime in the next few months they'll be announcing the reprinting of the Dreamlands cycle but there hasn't been any official word yet. Like you, I'm waiting for Dreamlands to come out in the 60-card format before I buy any of those. Wish they'd hurry up, there are a lot of good cards in that set plus the keys to the Day/Night mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.