Subject: couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip T
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
we're a small group that play AH. I'm afraid that we've gotten something wrong as is usual when you don't play with people outside of your group.

When you return from other world and fail closing the gate, you'll have to wait for your next turn. Do you need to deal with the monsters in the same location during next movement even if you haven't closed the gate yet?

Are you able to trade items any time during a round, or just during one phase?

When you lose stamina or sanity and reach 0 or below, do you go to arkham asylum or the hospital, gain 1 token of the appropriate type, and if encounter phase still haven't happened in the current turn you get to do your encounter (i.e. buying full health) or do you skip that and just start with 1 for your next upkeep?

I'm sure I have more questions but for now I can't think of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1: yes, if you fail to close the gate you need to fight or evade any monsters present on your next Movement Phase, as that will occur before your next Arkham Encounters Phase which is the next time you can try to close the gate.

#2: as far as I know you may trade at any time you are in the same location, except when one investigator is in a combat.

#3: if you are playing the base game and not using the Madness/Injury cards that come with Dunwich, you need to discard items etc. and restore 1 of the relevant stat, then you can either recover another point for free or pay for full restoration in the Encounter phase as normal.

If you have and are using the Madness/Injury cards, drawing one of those restores the relevant stat and that replaces the Encounter as you will not need to either pay for restoration or have any need to recover a point for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
creepwood wrote:
we're a small group that play AH. I'm afraid that we've gotten something wrong as is usual when you don't play with people outside of your group.

When you return from other world and fail closing the gate, you'll have to wait for your next turn. Do you need to deal with the monsters in the same location during next movement even if you haven't closed the gate yet?

Yes you now have to fight the monster or use your sneak skill.

Are you able to trade items any time during a round, or just during one phase?

You can do this when you are together, don't really know if it's specificly in one phase.

When you lose stamina or sanity and reach 0 or below, do you go to arkham asylum or the hospital, gain 1 token of the appropriate type, and if encounter phase still haven't happened in the current turn you get to do your encounter (i.e. buying full health) or do you skip that and just start with 1 for your next upkeep?

You can do that in the next encounter phase. So if you go down during the movement phase you can still use it. If you get there later you have to wait till the next arkham encounter phase.

I'm sure I have more questions but for now I can't think of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Both answers to this so far have stated that you can have an encounter at the hospital/asylum on the same turn that you are reduced to 0 Stamina/Sanity, but I'm not sure that's correct. The rules (p.16 of the revised rules) state:

Quote:
The player then immediately moves his investigator to Arkham Asylum. The investigator is restored to 1 Sanity, returning 1 Sanity token to his investigator sheet, and has no further encounters this turn. The investigator may take his next turn as normal.

[The wording is the same for the hospital]

Has this rule been revised in a later FAQ that I'm not aware of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip T
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for all the answers. It was as I suspected. I'm going to bring these answers with me tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack M
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
drb1004 wrote:
Quote:

Both answers to this so far have stated that you can have an encounter at the hospital/asylum on the same turn that you are reduced to 0 Stamina/Sanity, but I'm not sure that's correct. The rules (p.16 of the revised rules) state:

Quote:
The player then immediately moves his investigator to Arkham Asylum. The investigator is restored to 1 Sanity, returning 1 Sanity token to his investigator sheet, and has no further encounters this turn. The investigator may take his next turn as normal.

[The wording is the same for the hospital]

Has this rule been revised in a later FAQ that I'm not aware of?

This is how I understand it as well. If you get knocked unconscious or driven insane, you do not have an encounter at the asylum or hospital that same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^ This is also how I play it. You cannot restore your stamina/sanity using the hospital/asylum on the same turn you get sent there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.