True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're going to be a dumping ground, at least let us discuss what gets dumped in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
quozl wrote:
If we're going to be a dumping ground, at least let us discuss what gets dumped in here.

Agreed. I mean, if its going to be locked, just leave it in the original forum, or delete it, or move it to the Complaint's department.

It wasn't OUR fault that the Wargamer's cant talk about religion without their thread getting locked after only 2 pages.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple new admins that are hammer salesmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Let's see if we can get this thread locked and moved to the Complaints Forum!!!!

Yay Team-RSP!!!!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Let's see if we can get this thread locked and moved to the Complaints Forum!!!!

No, the only way to do that is if it quickly devolves into pointless personal attacks. So, great idea, except for the part where it depends on everyone being as stupid as you are.

(After that, let's start a thread on, ohhh, how different Eastern Front games handle the entrance of the Italian 8th Army, and see if we can get people to complain until it gets moved to Wargaming.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Darilian wrote:

No, the only way to do that

Oh, wait, locked and moved to Complaints. That's tougher.

Well, then, my biggest compliant about BGG is that its login page is still simple enough for people like Darilian to use. Are they ever going to fix that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuhrusty had a necrophiliac love affair with Osama bin Laden!

****************LOCKED***************
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Better yet, try to get this thread locked and removed to the wargames forum. That'll show them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Successors is the antithesis of a wargame. Why would I want to play a conflict game where it is rarely to your advantage to attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I Stand is a boring dicefest with massive downtime that plays almost entirely on rails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, people, you're not even trying.

Case Blue is just WWII-themed Risk.

Oh, and the person who first suggested personal attacks (whoever he was) is a doodoohead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schiedler
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt that will do it.

Let's try the following:

POLL: Is Politics and the Sex in Politics influenced by the Wargaming hobby?!

I argue YES!!

The fine simulations (where the death, politics, and sex is elegantly abstracted) such as "Hearts and Minds" and "Barbarossa to Berlin" inspire politicians to move to a new world order of peace and understanding (recent well-known conflicts notwithstanding).

Thread moved in... 5... 4... 3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have said it before and I'll say it again: Strike of the Eagle is the BEST wargame EVER and everyone who disagrees is a mindless case blue fanboy, and not to mention, an idiot and a doodoohead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Darilian wrote:

No, the only way to do that is if it quickly devolves into pointless personal attacks. So, great idea, except for the part where it depends on everyone being as stupid as you are.

(After that, let's start a thread on, ohhh, how different Eastern Front games handle the entrance of the Italian 8th Army, and see if we can get people to complain until it gets moved to Wargaming.)

Big nose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well in the one case I can think of it was locked at the request of the OP because the thread had been so de-railed. Did seem to me a bit heavy handed as very few threads stay in track, it would have been better if he had deleted it if he was that upset. As to dumping here, iof a thread gets locked becaseu it turn RSP is this not the place for it, and guese what, its a thread about religion. So yes this is the right and proper place for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Well in the one case I can think of it was locked at the request of the OP because the thread had been so de-railed. Did seem to me a bit heavy handed as very few threads stay in track, it would have been better if he had deleted it if he was that upset. As to dumping here, iof a thread gets locked becaseu it turn RSP is this not the place for it, and guese what, its a thread about religion. So yes this is the right and proper place for it.

It seems clear that you've hired a new parakeet to do your typing. This one's a keeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

It seems clear that you've hired a new parakeet to do your typing. This one's a keeper.

Mr Slaters parrot says 'ello .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

And its no longer locked either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Please, people, you're not even trying.

Case Blue is just WWII-themed Risk.

Oh, and the person who first suggested personal attacks (whoever he was) is a doodoohead.

Moshe, I think what you mean to say is that if someone were to do something so incredibly fucking stupid as to suggest personal attacks, that hypothetical person would be a doodoohead.

Now it's within the rules, as long as you don't apply that logic to a conservative admin. If such an admin existed, and if he flagged every post that could even be taken as an oblique insult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

And its no longer locked either.

No-one has standards anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Kuhrusty had a necrophiliac love affair with Osama bin Laden!

****************LOCKED***************

Nah, that's pinning material for the Coffee Haus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.