Warparty Quick Play Variant
The Quick Play Variant is recommended for new players and also for players who wish to enjoy a quicker game of Warparty.
This rule set is used with the standard rule set, only the starting set up is changed as per noted below.
We recommend our traditional version of Warparty for games where players enjoy a greater depth of strategy as players develop and expand their empire in the first 4 to 5 turns
For Quick Play, all players start with:
1. Control markers in the resource rich territories located within two territories of their capital.
2. Two cities, 3 territories away from their capital
3. 30 Crowns to spend before the game begins, only 4 of which may be saved.
4. 6 or 7 infantry units depending on if they move 1st or 2nd
5. Players may buy up to two upgrades before play begins
6. Players may place the units they purchase, in addition to their 6 or 7 infantry units in any of their cities or in any territory they control.
The team that moves 2nd may adjust their placement of their cities and purchase after the team that moves 1st has confirmed that their purchase and placement is complete.
Once the team that moves 2nd has confirmed their purchase and placement is complete, then the game begins.
1. The Dwarves may make 1 research roll before the start of the game if they purchase the Gnome Workshop before the game begins.
2. The Humans and Goblins may make up to two invention rolls for Catapults and Ballista respectively before the game begins.
3. The Undead may not place a tomb 3 spaces out, when counting the mountain as a territory.
4. The Undead may only buy 1 shade before the game starts.
5. Players may not save more then 4 crowns before the game begins.
6. Players may start the game with units which require pre-requisites that were purchased prior to the start of the game. For example, the Goblins could buy a Wolf’s Den and a Wolf Rider during the set up phase, before the game begins.
7. A marginal victory can be earned by the 9th turn instead of the 12th turn.
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
awww man i thought it was a quick play for LNL...LOL.