Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deputy Taylor and Hero Deck Depletion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wodan wodan
msg tools
What happens in the following situation:

1. There are 8 hero cards left in the deck
2. The zombie player plays the card that removes the top 10 hero cards in the deck, then causes a game loss if it removes the last card or would remove a card when there are none.
3. The human player, in response to the zombie card being played, plays Deputy Taylor to put 3 cards from the discard back in the deck.

Does the zombie card finish resolving, and cause game loss, before the Deputy takes effect, or does the Deputy resolve first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonnie Hedqvist
Sweden
Ljusdal
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha! Great one.. I would keep playing. Such epic save is classic Hollywood Horror Movie scene and should be rewarded. I say game on! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wodan wodan
msg tools
We did. My poor zombies were murdered as they fled from the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the zombie card is completed before the hero gets an opportunity to interrupt the zombie card play.

But I am not sure. I will take a look at the rulebook tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would agree that each card would be completed fully unless it specifies that it cancels the other card, in which case the Heroes would lose before they get a chance to play the other card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
177ark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Mindy G. Fallowing the rules to the letter, the Heroes would loose before they could play the Deputy card.

There's also a minor rule that bars players from counting how many cards are left in the Hero Deck. I don't really understand why that had to be made a rule though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players loose moment last card is drawn from hero deck. Period.

YOU cannot interrupt a cards execution with another cards execution until the first ones effects have been resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.