Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You always have to think about taking control - if you plan to return next turn it is rather not worth to spend power token.
The only way to get it back to your hand is loosing this area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean O
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
You always have to think about taking control - if you plan to return next turn it is rather not worth to spend power token.
The only way to get it back to your hand is loosing this area.

Waiting until next turn might be a poor decision if a card comes up that would have benefitted you had you held that area - it can make the power token well worth spending.

Loosing the area won't get you the token back in your hand, it will send it to the pool from which you draw your power tokens when gaining them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeanAU wrote:
Loosing the area won't get you the token back in your hand, it will send it to the pool from which you draw your power tokens when gaining them.

Yes, of course. I didn't say it clearly. It's the only way to send it back to the pool and later earn it.
DeanAU wrote:
Waiting until next turn might be a poor decision if a card comes up that would have benefitted you had you held that area - it can make the power token well worth spending.

Yes, it can. But spending power token on area that has only crown for 1 turn is pointless. Also sometimes it's true with alone castle (when you have many troops and it can deceive your enemies that you are not so strong). I think barrel is always worth.
As I said you have to think about spending power token, especially when you plan to return next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean O
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
Yes, it can. But spending power token on area that has only crown for 1 turn is pointless. Also sometimes it's true with alone castle (when you have many troops and it can deceive your enemies that you are not so strong). I think barrel is always worth.
As I said you have to think about spending power token, especially when you plan to return next turn.

Ah I see, I think earlier you must have meant something like 'potentially' instead of 'rather'. No problem Note that placing a power token in an area with a power icon that you plan to return to next turn may still not be pointless - if you leave it empty, it may suggest to opponents that you plan to return there, and it also allows you to keep it if your plan to return changes based on other events in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for my English
You should notice that if you have many power tokens (and others also) using it for one turn can remove this token from your pool to the end and can cause that you will have the fewest tokens for biding (which we had in our last 3-player game).
On the other hand if you have only a few power tokens they are really priceless and using them for one turn is wasting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk James
msg tools
DeanAU wrote:

Does the attacker gets a power token from his house from the pool?
I don't think its in the rules, but it would make sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vaaco wrote:
DeanAU wrote:

Does the attacker gets a power token from his house from the pool?
I don't think its in the rules, but it would make sense

He doesn't get it.

Also, if you take into account the description of power tokens in an area from game manual (it symbolizes the money and support given to local nobles) it wouldn't make sense.

Loser is not supporting local nobles anymore but they don't start to support winner after the battle. I presume they only look for support from the winner in order to shift their allegiance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.